Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Camp 914 rear trunk shock kit?
cooper951
post Oct 3 2015, 06:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,219
Region Association: None

The torsion bars were already out when I bought the car, so I'm looking for the above kit. Went to the site, but was not able to order. Does anyone know if he is still in business, or where else I can get this or similar kit?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 12)
mepstein
post Oct 3 2015, 06:53 AM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Another item for 914rubber to start making.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Oct 3 2015, 07:26 AM
Post #3

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 3 2015, 05:53 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) This is an item that keeps coming up, over and over, again!
+Quote Post
falcor75
post Oct 3 2015, 07:46 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,176
Region Association: Scandinavia

As someone who's bought both the front and rear kit from camp914 I cant say I was very happy with the experience. I ordered a front and rear set for lightweight hoods. First delivery I got a front set for a lightweight hood but the gas springs barely hold the hood up. The rear set was for a metal hood and was returned, this time I got another front lightweight set in return. Returned that too and finally got a rear lightweight set.

The installation instructions was copied to many times the pictures was barely noticable. It really should come as a PDF instead.

+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Oct 3 2015, 08:54 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I love my rear strut kit and had no problems ordering a few years ago. Did you try calling him on the phone?

If Craig isn't putting these together anymore, the necessary parts are available from McMaster-Carr. Since he did the work to see what works best, try to give him the business if possible.

Has anyone ordered from him recently?
+Quote Post
cooper951
post Oct 3 2015, 09:30 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 19,219

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Oct 3 2015, 09:54 AM) *

I love my rear strut kit and had no problems ordering a few years ago. Did you try calling him on the phone?

If Craig isn't putting these together anymore, the necessary parts are available from McMaster-Carr. Since he did the work to see what works best, try to give him the business if possible.

Has anyone ordered from him recently?

Just got hold of Craig and was able to order the kit. Mission accomplished.
Thanks all for your help!
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 3 2015, 10:08 AM
Post #7

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 3 2015, 06:26 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 3 2015, 05:53 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) This is an item that keeps coming up, over and over, again!

Actually talked to Craig the other day. He has made some improvements and made it easier to install. If Craig gets tired of shipping I may stock his, but until that point you can get from him.
Mark

http://camp914.com/products.html
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
wes
post Oct 3 2015, 02:23 PM
Post #8

wes

Member No.: 8,436
Region Association: Northern California

Ive got them front and rear + the rear lid hinge and Im quit happy, no problems all!
+Quote Post
boxsterfan
post Oct 3 2015, 09:43 PM
Post #9

914's are kewl

Member No.: 791
Region Association: Northern California

Does somebody have pics of theirs installed for front and rear?
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Oct 3 2015, 11:42 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Oct 4 2015, 02:46 AM) *

As someone who's bought both the front and rear kit from camp914 I cant say I was very happy with the experience. I ordered a front and rear set for lightweight hoods. First delivery I got a front set for a lightweight hood but the gas springs barely hold the hood up. The rear set was for a metal hood and was returned, this time I got another front lightweight set in return. Returned that too and finally got a rear lightweight set.

The installation instructions was copied to many times the pictures was barely noticable. It really should come as a PDF instead.

funny the oversea's customers get poor service and the local guys say its ok ,I'am also faced with returns due to incorrectly supplied/poor items from other vendors and it only ends up costing me,so I have to suck it up so I don't deal with them anymore.
We are in 2015 ?..right and if some one says again about giving some guy a call I will scream...wake up,we are way past that now ,should the buyer have to chase the seller (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) ,without the buyer the seller has no business,bottom line.
I have no idea about others on here but if the website is a bitch to navigate or contact is hard work I go somewhere else.
My 2 cents take it how you like.

+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 4 2015, 12:48 PM
Post #11

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

QUOTE(porschetub @ Oct 3 2015, 10:42 PM) *

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Oct 4 2015, 02:46 AM) *

funny the oversea's customers get poor service and the local guys say its ok ,I'am also faced with returns due to incorrectly supplied/poor items from other vendors and it only ends up costing me,so I have to suck it up so I don't deal with them anymore.
We are in 2015 ?..right and if some one says again about giving some guy a call I will scream...wake up,we are way past that now ,should the buyer have to chase the seller (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) ,without the buyer the seller has no business,bottom line.
I have no idea about others on here but if the website is a bitch to navigate or contact is hard work I go somewhere else.
My 2 cents take it how you like.

If I can be of help let me know what you need. He's local to me, and I will help any way I can.
Mark
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Oct 4 2015, 05:42 PM
Post #12

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Yes I am still making the front and rear trunk shox, and the rear has been improved, as far as I am concerned. The shox are smaller in diameter, they will fit into the space better, and it is drill four holes, install the mounts and snap on the shox and your done. I wanted to eliminate the cutting. This did just that. I also have taken pictures of the installation from start to finish, and I am sending these and the instructions by email to those who have purchased them.

There was some time in there that I had server issues and did not receive some emails to my posted email address. That has been resolved.
I pride myself on working with a buyer of my products to make them work for you. If you can email, text or phone me I am more than happy to help walk you through an installation issue, or if you didn't get all of the parts or the wrong one, let me know directly. If I don't know you are having a problem, I can't help.

Thank you for your patronage 914 World.
Craig at CAMP

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
NS914
post Oct 5 2015, 06:12 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 10,455
Region Association: Canada

Hey Everyone,

I just called Craig and he was great to deal with....I have the shocks for the stock front and rear hoods. They work really well and truly clean up the look of the under hood area as well.

Regards,

Grant
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 01:02 AM