Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camp 914 rear trunk shock kit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cooper951
The torsion bars were already out when I bought the car, so I'm looking for the above kit. Went to the site, but was not able to order. Does anyone know if he is still in business, or where else I can get this or similar kit?
mepstein
Another item for 914rubber to start making.
76-914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 3 2015, 05:53 AM) *

agree.gif This is an item that keeps coming up, over and over, again!
falcor75
As someone who's bought both the front and rear kit from camp914 I cant say I was very happy with the experience. I ordered a front and rear set for lightweight hoods. First delivery I got a front set for a lightweight hood but the gas springs barely hold the hood up. The rear set was for a metal hood and was returned, this time I got another front lightweight set in return. Returned that too and finally got a rear lightweight set.

The installation instructions was copied to many times the pictures was barely noticable. It really should come as a PDF instead.

GeorgeRud
I love my rear strut kit and had no problems ordering a few years ago. Did you try calling him on the phone?

If Craig isn't putting these together anymore, the necessary parts are available from McMaster-Carr. Since he did the work to see what works best, try to give him the business if possible.

Has anyone ordered from him recently?
cooper951
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Oct 3 2015, 09:54 AM) *

I love my rear strut kit and had no problems ordering a few years ago. Did you try calling him on the phone?

If Craig isn't putting these together anymore, the necessary parts are available from McMaster-Carr. Since he did the work to see what works best, try to give him the business if possible.

Has anyone ordered from him recently?

Just got hold of Craig and was able to order the kit. Mission accomplished.
Thanks all for your help!
Mikey914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 3 2015, 06:26 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 3 2015, 05:53 AM) *

agree.gif This is an item that keeps coming up, over and over, again!

Actually talked to Craig the other day. He has made some improvements and made it easier to install. If Craig gets tired of shipping I may stock his, but until that point you can get from him.
Mark

http://camp914.com/products.html
wes
Ive got them front and rear + the rear lid hinge and Im quit happy, no problems all!
boxsterfan
Does somebody have pics of theirs installed for front and rear?
porschetub
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Oct 4 2015, 02:46 AM) *

As someone who's bought both the front and rear kit from camp914 I cant say I was very happy with the experience. I ordered a front and rear set for lightweight hoods. First delivery I got a front set for a lightweight hood but the gas springs barely hold the hood up. The rear set was for a metal hood and was returned, this time I got another front lightweight set in return. Returned that too and finally got a rear lightweight set.

The installation instructions was copied to many times the pictures was barely noticable. It really should come as a PDF instead.

funny the oversea's customers get poor service and the local guys say its ok ,I'am also faced with returns due to incorrectly supplied/poor items from other vendors and it only ends up costing me,so I have to suck it up so I don't deal with them anymore.
We are in 2015 ?..right and if some one says again about giving some guy a call I will scream...wake up,we are way past that now ,should the buyer have to chase the seller bs.gif ,without the buyer the seller has no business,bottom line.
I have no idea about others on here but if the website is a bitch to navigate or contact is hard work I go somewhere else.
My 2 cents take it how you like.

Mikey914
QUOTE(porschetub @ Oct 3 2015, 10:42 PM) *

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Oct 4 2015, 02:46 AM) *

funny the oversea's customers get poor service and the local guys say its ok ,I'am also faced with returns due to incorrectly supplied/poor items from other vendors and it only ends up costing me,so I have to suck it up so I don't deal with them anymore.
We are in 2015 ?..right and if some one says again about giving some guy a call I will scream...wake up,we are way past that now ,should the buyer have to chase the seller bs.gif ,without the buyer the seller has no business,bottom line.
I have no idea about others on here but if the website is a bitch to navigate or contact is hard work I go somewhere else.
My 2 cents take it how you like.

If I can be of help let me know what you need. He's local to me, and I will help any way I can.
Mark
boxstr
Yes I am still making the front and rear trunk shox, and the rear has been improved, as far as I am concerned. The shox are smaller in diameter, they will fit into the space better, and it is drill four holes, install the mounts and snap on the shox and your done. I wanted to eliminate the cutting. This did just that. I also have taken pictures of the installation from start to finish, and I am sending these and the instructions by email to those who have purchased them.

There was some time in there that I had server issues and did not receive some emails to my posted email address. That has been resolved.
I pride myself on working with a buyer of my products to make them work for you. If you can email, text or phone me I am more than happy to help walk you through an installation issue, or if you didn't get all of the parts or the wrong one, let me know directly. If I don't know you are having a problem, I can't help.

Thank you for your patronage 914 World.
Craig at CAMP
NS914
Hey Everyone,

I just called Craig and he was great to deal with....I have the shocks for the stock front and rear hoods. They work really well and truly clean up the look of the under hood area as well.

Regards,

Grant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.