Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dellorto 36 drla
ruddyboys
post Mar 7 2005, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Hummel eigentümer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,749
Region Association: North East States

I have been looking for a good set of weber 40idf's but no luck. A friend has a set of Dellorto 36 drla's for a great price. I am not looking for a rocket, just to be able to cruise around on sunny weekends. the engine is a '70 2056. will these be OK. Also I know Dellorto has been out of business and parts are hard to find but can weber jets be used if I need to change them.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
skline
post Mar 7 2005, 11:24 AM
Post #2

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

The Dell 36's will flow as good or better than the 40 IDF's. As for jets and stuff, you can still get them from many places including CB performance. I prefer the Dells over the Webers anyday. Its all I will ever run on my cars.

+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Mar 7 2005, 11:28 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif) the 36mm dellortos are functionally the same size as the weber 40's. The numbering badge/size is the total size for the carb body, the venturi's/chokes determine the the functional size - the dellortos run bigger chokes which make em' about the same size as the weber 40.

CB Performance has a good dellorto manual as well as carb parts (rebuild kits, jets etc.)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 09:49 AM