Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: set of five early Pedrini wheels, come with four center caps and all lugs
CMH
post Oct 17 2015, 03:04 PM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,925
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have for sale a set of five early Pedrini wheels. These came off of a complete but totally gone (it folded in half when I lifted it to drop the engine and transaxle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ) 1972 1.7 that I parted out to assist in rebuilding my 1975. I believe these to be straight and true, and think they may need nothing more than a good cleaning to be serviceable. No curb rash, dings or dents and the finish on all seems to be nearly flawless excepting around where the lugs seat.

They come with four center caps, not sure if these are original or not, which are a little beat up but could be brought back to a good driver condition by a motivated person. Also come with a comple set of sixteen original lug bolts. No compromised threads or stripped heads, but need to be cleaned and repainted.

Right now they have junk tires on them which will be removed prior to the buyers receipt of the wheels.

I believe $600 is a fair starting price for a set of five with caps and lugs, but will accept offers. At this time I prefer not to ship, but can attempt to work with a buyer at their cost to do so if no local deal/pickup can be arranged. I'm located in Springfield, IL.

I can be reached here or more quickly by email at charles.m.hartman@gmail.com

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CMH
post Oct 23 2015, 05:45 PM
Post #2

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 18,925
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Little bump for some looks. Is my price too high? Please make an offer if so.
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Oct 24 2015, 05:58 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

You might be a shade high. Probably better around $500. These wheels are limited to 70-72 cars. They can be used on later vehicles with the centers machined for self centering hubs. Once the tires are taken off the wheels, they will need spun on a balancer to check for warping. You might be one of the lucky ones. Most end up a roller car rims or sell for scrap aluminum.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Oct 24 2015, 10:41 AM
Post #4

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

The VW guys like them better. I had a set and it took three months to sell them.
I would clean up the bolts. They are worth about $100 for the set. Good center caps are valuable. You may want to post on thesamba.com in the wheel section. Also removing the shot tires would help with the sale. Walmart removes them for about $5 a wheel. You can then place on rim on top of another and check for flatness.
+Quote Post
BK911
post Oct 25 2015, 07:33 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,674
Region Association: None

Interested. Email sent.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 08:56 AM