Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: set of five early Pedrini wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
CMH
I have for sale a set of five early Pedrini wheels. These came off of a complete but totally gone (it folded in half when I lifted it to drop the engine and transaxle sad.gif ) 1972 1.7 that I parted out to assist in rebuilding my 1975. I believe these to be straight and true, and think they may need nothing more than a good cleaning to be serviceable. No curb rash, dings or dents and the finish on all seems to be nearly flawless excepting around where the lugs seat.

They come with four center caps, not sure if these are original or not, which are a little beat up but could be brought back to a good driver condition by a motivated person. Also come with a comple set of sixteen original lug bolts. No compromised threads or stripped heads, but need to be cleaned and repainted.

Right now they have junk tires on them which will be removed prior to the buyers receipt of the wheels.

I believe $600 is a fair starting price for a set of five with caps and lugs, but will accept offers. At this time I prefer not to ship, but can attempt to work with a buyer at their cost to do so if no local deal/pickup can be arranged. I'm located in Springfield, IL.

I can be reached here or more quickly by email at charles.m.hartman@gmail.com
CMH
Little bump for some looks. Is my price too high? Please make an offer if so.
914Sixer
You might be a shade high. Probably better around $500. These wheels are limited to 70-72 cars. They can be used on later vehicles with the centers machined for self centering hubs. Once the tires are taken off the wheels, they will need spun on a balancer to check for warping. You might be one of the lucky ones. Most end up a roller car rims or sell for scrap aluminum.
bdstone914
The VW guys like them better. I had a set and it took three months to sell them.
I would clean up the bolts. They are worth about $100 for the set. Good center caps are valuable. You may want to post on thesamba.com in the wheel section. Also removing the shot tires would help with the sale. Walmart removes them for about $5 a wheel. You can then place on rim on top of another and check for flatness.
BK911
Interested. Email sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.