Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine timing question need advice
LCOX
post Oct 20 2015, 07:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,148
Region Association: None

I may have to post several pictures to make this question more clear. 1974 2.0 engine out of car trans disconnected from the engine flywheel still installed.
- here is the problem. Adjusting the valves and have number 1 at top dead center. There is a notch in the flywheel that will line up with the engine case seam at the top back side of the engine case when the engine is at TDC for #1 cylinder.
- the problem is when this notch is lined up the 0 mark on the cooling fan is not lined up with the v shaped cut out groove in the fan housing. Actually it is about 2 fan blades off from where it should be. I know I have the correct 2.0 fan with the 27.5 degree BTDC mark and the 0 notch as well.It appears that the fan is off about 2 blades advanced too much. Is it possible the camshaft gear and crankshaft gear are out of alignment a couple teeth?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 11:05 PM