Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trying to track down a 75, Curious
xperu
post Oct 23 2015, 03:35 PM
Post #1

TEXAS

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,213
Region Association: None

I have wondered over the years what happened to a 75 914 1.8 I use to own. A little history:
I bought the car from the original owner in the Dallas area around 1990 while living in Granbury TX. and later sold it to a co-worker (Dean Gustafson) who was from No. Carolina. I assume he took the car with him when he moved back home "we were both working in the Nuclear Power industry at the time"

The car was a very nice and clean 1.8 all original, red in color with red plaid seats, and steel wheels.

I had bought a couple of cars in the previous years from Zims in the Dallas area, but this car was just a strong running and just a nice car.

I'm sure no one really has know idea about this car, but curiosity drove me to ask. I have plenty of pictures of the car, but no VIN.

Thanks for taking the time to read this note; I'm sure others have asked similar questions about their lost loves.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 23 2015, 06:34 PM
Post #2

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

If you have the VIN we have quite a database here...
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post Oct 24 2015, 04:27 PM
Post #3

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660
Region Association: South East States

The Texas DMV might be able to do a VIN lookup from the old title. I have no idea if they can, but that is where I would start.

Did you try googling you buddy Dean? You might be able to find him and get the next piece of the puzzle. I had a wild hair a few years back and looked up my car's original owner. Found his phone number in 5 minutes and talked to him a couple of days later.
+Quote Post
xperu
post Oct 25 2015, 04:11 PM
Post #4

TEXAS

Member No.: 6,213
Region Association: None

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Oct 24 2015, 05:27 PM) *

The Texas DMV might be able to do a VIN lookup from the old title. I have no idea if they can, but that is where I would start.

Did you try googling you buddy Dean? You might be able to find him and get the next piece of the puzzle. I had a wild hair a few years back and looked up my car's original owner. Found his phone number in 5 minutes and talked to him a couple of days later.

Hey. thanks! I'll try the Google route. Mike
+Quote Post
Bossman
post Oct 25 2015, 09:16 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,985
Region Association: Northern California

I just picked up a 75 from a local wrecking yard. It's a 1.8, was repainted but origionaly red. VIN number was added to my profile.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 11:13 AM