Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to track down a 75
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
I have wondered over the years what happened to a 75 914 1.8 I use to own. A little history:
I bought the car from the original owner in the Dallas area around 1990 while living in Granbury TX. and later sold it to a co-worker (Dean Gustafson) who was from No. Carolina. I assume he took the car with him when he moved back home "we were both working in the Nuclear Power industry at the time"

The car was a very nice and clean 1.8 all original, red in color with red plaid seats, and steel wheels.

I had bought a couple of cars in the previous years from Zims in the Dallas area, but this car was just a strong running and just a nice car.

I'm sure no one really has know idea about this car, but curiosity drove me to ask. I have plenty of pictures of the car, but no VIN.

Thanks for taking the time to read this note; I'm sure others have asked similar questions about their lost loves.
ConeDodger
If you have the VIN we have quite a database here...
bigkensteele
The Texas DMV might be able to do a VIN lookup from the old title. I have no idea if they can, but that is where I would start.

Did you try googling you buddy Dean? You might be able to find him and get the next piece of the puzzle. I had a wild hair a few years back and looked up my car's original owner. Found his phone number in 5 minutes and talked to him a couple of days later.
xperu
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Oct 24 2015, 05:27 PM) *

The Texas DMV might be able to do a VIN lookup from the old title. I have no idea if they can, but that is where I would start.

Did you try googling you buddy Dean? You might be able to find him and get the next piece of the puzzle. I had a wild hair a few years back and looked up my car's original owner. Found his phone number in 5 minutes and talked to him a couple of days later.

Hey. thanks! I'll try the Google route. Mike
Bossman
I just picked up a 75 from a local wrecking yard. It's a 1.8, was repainted but origionaly red. VIN number was added to my profile.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.