Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> later rubber bumeprs, fastening?
dudzy's914
post Oct 25 2015, 05:24 PM
Post #1

The youngin'

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,784
Region Association: North East States

So it is almost time to reinstall my bubs. I know there are plastic clips , but where can I find these plastic clips?

Thanks in advance,
Finn
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Oct 25 2015, 05:45 PM
Post #2

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

I do not know of any plastic clips on the rubber bumpers. There is a bracket on each fender, and a corresponding rubber "clip" inside the end of the bumper. They "hook" into each other. Similar across the top. Push the rubber close to the steel, and "hook" the rubber in. Then pull it back out a little and tighten the two bolts from underneath
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post Oct 25 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #3

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660
Region Association: South East States

There are no plastic clips that I have ever seen. The shocks bolt to the body in a fairly evident way. I believe that all four shocks are unique, so I don't think that you can mess it up if you wanted to. Each shock has two tabs with holes in them. There should be a short piece of steel tube that fits between the two tabs to keep them from bending.

There are two collars with rubber gaskets for the front shocks. They bolt to the bulkhead around the shock tubes and keep water out of your trunk.

Lastly, the bumpers slide onto the shock tabs. Four large bolts (2 front, 2 rear) hold them on. The very last thing you will do is engage the clips that are molded into the bumper to the clips that are welded to the car. This keeps them snug to the bodywork.

Hope that helps!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 12:10 AM