Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: later rubber bumeprs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dudzy's914
So it is almost time to reinstall my bubs. I know there are plastic clips , but where can I find these plastic clips?

Thanks in advance,
Finn
TheCabinetmaker
I do not know of any plastic clips on the rubber bumpers. There is a bracket on each fender, and a corresponding rubber "clip" inside the end of the bumper. They "hook" into each other. Similar across the top. Push the rubber close to the steel, and "hook" the rubber in. Then pull it back out a little and tighten the two bolts from underneath
bigkensteele
There are no plastic clips that I have ever seen. The shocks bolt to the body in a fairly evident way. I believe that all four shocks are unique, so I don't think that you can mess it up if you wanted to. Each shock has two tabs with holes in them. There should be a short piece of steel tube that fits between the two tabs to keep them from bending.

There are two collars with rubber gaskets for the front shocks. They bolt to the bulkhead around the shock tubes and keep water out of your trunk.

Lastly, the bumpers slide onto the shock tabs. Four large bolts (2 front, 2 rear) hold them on. The very last thing you will do is engage the clips that are molded into the bumper to the clips that are welded to the car. This keeps them snug to the bodywork.

Hope that helps!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.