Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> air brush or small paint gun for small parts?, need recommendations
anthony
post Jun 11 2003, 10:54 AM
Post #1

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

I've been painting the bumpers on my girlfriend's Toyota truck and it's been driving me insane*. I found some nice satin laquer at Orchard (much much cheaper than the wurth stuff) and it looks good but the rattle can keeps spitting out large droplets periodically ruining the finish.

I was thinking of either buying an airbrush or a small detail paint gun. How about something like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...f?itemnumber=86

or something like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...temnumber=47791

I've never used an airbrush before. Is it big enough for painting something the size of a bumper or say engine tin or wheels?

My other criteria would be something I could use in the garage without making a huge mess and getting paint on everything else.

*Painting the bumpers on the Toyota is a long story. I was just going to install them but when I took the bumper out of the box it was a medium grey. The valence I got for the car is satin black. If they had both been the same color I would have just installed them as is. I hate working on other people's cars. :-)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:44 AM