Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> dr side transverse link (a-arm), #on sticker on part, part wizards help
rhodyguy
post Mar 9 2005, 09:28 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

number on sticker reads 739 484690. has the letters CSE also. old aa catalog uses the number 914 341 001 05 on this part. any ideas if the 739... is just a cross reference number. i need to be pretty sure of what i have before i make the call for the new parts. the ball joint grove nuts were pretty rusty. a soak down with Aerokroil and the correct tool made for short work on these.

k
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Mar 9 2005, 09:53 AM
Post #2

soemthing else i've never seen. the torsion bar adjusters get a 8mm hex instead of a socket. i'm soaking those again and they're a bit rounded already. i understand why porsche went to the socket style. the hex ones look like they're going to be a bit of a problem.

k
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Mar 9 2005, 10:03 AM
Post #3

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

If you are looking to purchase new ball joints, the question becomes:

Is the ball joint held in place with a bolt that has no nut on the threaded end (early style- hole thru strut has threads on one side)..apparently from beginning to 1972 chassis number 47229 19032...ball joint is part number 901 341 049 00

or

Is the ball joint held in place with a double taper stud that has a nut to hold it in place and the thru hole in the strut is not threaded on one side....late style...apparently from 1972 chassis number 47229 19033 up....ball joint is part #911 341 049 01

The hex vs allen head...have seen both styles on cars...it's just a threaded fastener. No different parts numbers are shown for different styles.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Mar 9 2005, 10:38 AM
Post #4

replacing the ball joints doesn't factor in ron, the ones on my 73' are near new. i'm cleaning up and putting on the control arms. i just put a small cutting wheel on the grinder and cut the adjuster screws to get the caps off. took 2 minutes. pulled the torsion bars too. moving to the bushing thread as not to confuse things too much. thanks ron. it's great to have my energy levels back up and to have the desire to work on the car again.

k
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:07 AM