Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dr side transverse link (a-arm)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
number on sticker reads 739 484690. has the letters CSE also. old aa catalog uses the number 914 341 001 05 on this part. any ideas if the 739... is just a cross reference number. i need to be pretty sure of what i have before i make the call for the new parts. the ball joint grove nuts were pretty rusty. a soak down with Aerokroil and the correct tool made for short work on these.

k
rhodyguy
soemthing else i've never seen. the torsion bar adjusters get a 8mm hex instead of a socket. i'm soaking those again and they're a bit rounded already. i understand why porsche went to the socket style. the hex ones look like they're going to be a bit of a problem.

k
SLITS
If you are looking to purchase new ball joints, the question becomes:

Is the ball joint held in place with a bolt that has no nut on the threaded end (early style- hole thru strut has threads on one side)..apparently from beginning to 1972 chassis number 47229 19032...ball joint is part number 901 341 049 00

or

Is the ball joint held in place with a double taper stud that has a nut to hold it in place and the thru hole in the strut is not threaded on one side....late style...apparently from 1972 chassis number 47229 19033 up....ball joint is part #911 341 049 01

The hex vs allen head...have seen both styles on cars...it's just a threaded fastener. No different parts numbers are shown for different styles.
rhodyguy
replacing the ball joints doesn't factor in ron, the ones on my 73' are near new. i'm cleaning up and putting on the control arms. i just put a small cutting wheel on the grinder and cut the adjuster screws to get the caps off. took 2 minutes. pulled the torsion bars too. moving to the bushing thread as not to confuse things too much. thanks ron. it's great to have my energy levels back up and to have the desire to work on the car again.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.