Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Heater fan motor, Wiring pig tail?
Sparky
post Mar 9 2005, 09:33 AM
Post #1

Mahna Mahna!

Group: Members
Member No.: 847

So I've decided to start driving the teener more and will need heat for the next couple of months. I picked up a heater motor as mine was removed by the PO at some point in the past. I noticed the pig tail from the relay board is missing. Now it's been awhile since I've even messed around with heat in a 914 (10 years!!) so someone please refresh me here, Is it just a pig tail that plugs into the relay board then the plug on the motor? Or is it wired into the harness that comes thru the firewall?

Need a little help, and maybe some parts....

Thanks!
Mike D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty914
post Mar 9 2005, 10:30 AM
Post #2

suby torque rules

Member No.: 924

depend on later cars it comes out of the main harness, on early cars it comes out of the fi harness.

if you wanted you can pull the cap on one of the plugs and solder in a new wire to where the wire goes if it was removed
+Quote Post
Sparky
post Mar 9 2005, 12:48 PM
Post #3

Mahna Mahna!

Member No.: 847

Scott thanks, it's a '72. For some reason I thought it was plugged to a couple of prongs on the relay board. Again it's been 10 years since I decided to mess with heat. I'll grab the voltmeter and head out to the garage as soon as it climbs a couple of more degrees outside (it's 6 right now).

My best,
Mike D.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:00 AM