Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater fan motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sparky
So I've decided to start driving the teener more and will need heat for the next couple of months. I picked up a heater motor as mine was removed by the PO at some point in the past. I noticed the pig tail from the relay board is missing. Now it's been awhile since I've even messed around with heat in a 914 (10 years!!) so someone please refresh me here, Is it just a pig tail that plugs into the relay board then the plug on the motor? Or is it wired into the harness that comes thru the firewall?

Need a little help, and maybe some parts....

Thanks!
Mike D.
scotty914
depend on later cars it comes out of the main harness, on early cars it comes out of the fi harness.

if you wanted you can pull the cap on one of the plugs and solder in a new wire to where the wire goes if it was removed
Sparky
Scott thanks, it's a '72. For some reason I thought it was plugged to a couple of prongs on the relay board. Again it's been 10 years since I decided to mess with heat. I'll grab the voltmeter and head out to the garage as soon as it climbs a couple of more degrees outside (it's 6 right now).

My best,
Mike D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.