Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1911cc vs 2056cc
Mockmaw
post Jun 11 2003, 03:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 438

I'm having a hard time deciding between building a 1911cc displacement engine or one with 2056cc. I will hear back from the machine shop today about the condition of my 1.7L 66mm crank, so the decision partially weighs upon that (that is, if it's toast there's no reason not to get the 71mm). Assuming that my 66mm crank is fine, it's tempting to just stick with that since it keeps costs down. Problem is, I don't want to be kicking myself later for not bumping the displacement 145cc for about $200 more. Since I know what size my valves are going to be (42x36), I'm trying to find out 'how much more' I'll get out of the longer rods. So, will the 42x36 valves be too small for the 2056? For reliability reasons (heat, size of rod journals, etc) is there any reason why the one displacement would be preferable over the other?

This is a tough decision, I'm not sure why the 1911 appeals to me more than the 2056...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 03:54 AM