Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1911cc vs 2056cc
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mockmaw
I'm having a hard time deciding between building a 1911cc displacement engine or one with 2056cc. I will hear back from the machine shop today about the condition of my 1.7L 66mm crank, so the decision partially weighs upon that (that is, if it's toast there's no reason not to get the 71mm). Assuming that my 66mm crank is fine, it's tempting to just stick with that since it keeps costs down. Problem is, I don't want to be kicking myself later for not bumping the displacement 145cc for about $200 more. Since I know what size my valves are going to be (42x36), I'm trying to find out 'how much more' I'll get out of the longer rods. So, will the 42x36 valves be too small for the 2056? For reliability reasons (heat, size of rod journals, etc) is there any reason why the one displacement would be preferable over the other?

This is a tough decision, I'm not sure why the 1911 appeals to me more than the 2056...
anthony
Do it. Your getting more than just 145ccs extra. You're getting a longer stroke that will produce more torque.
Bleyseng
I have driven only one 1911cc Djet car and it was nice more comparable to a stock 2.0L.
I have a 2056cc engine is my car and its got more power than a stock 2.0L. Most of that comes from the ported heads and tuning the Djet. Lots of torque to go fast.
If you have the extra money go for the 2056, the valve size is fine but headwork is worth it too. (no flow no go!)
Geoff
Mueller
There is only one 1911 that appeals to me anymore:
IPB Image

Seriously, I'd go with the bigger motor since it is torque that you'll notice the most on the street and getting onto the freeway.
Brad Roberts
150$ for 2.0 crank and rods (std.std) delivered to you this evening.

B
cgnj
I've got a set of KB 96 with 71mm pin height.
$200 including shipping.
You're almost there.

CGNJ
tat2dphreak
the longer stroke will give you more torque... the 1911 will be more rev happy, I suppose... but I highly doubt you will regret going to 2056...

if you are still not sure... check out talk shop forums... those guys have more type 4's flying around in beetles than should be legal! and 2056 is seen as one of the best combos(along with the 2270) for a long lasting powerful engine producing 120+ hp!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.