Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Yet Another Front Oil Cooler Topic, Replace the fresh air box with an oil cooler?
VWTortuga336
post Nov 16 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,979
Region Association: None

Still in the planning stages for my 2366 build with 1.5" headers and a SuperTrapp muffler. I'm trying to devise a way to use a front mount oil cooler with as little modification to the car as possible. So, I'm considering removing the fresh air box that is right behind the gas tank and replacing it with an oil cooler. A few considerations I need help with:

1. Would I get "enough" air flow through here? I know it won't be ideal, but the car will be street use only.

2. How could I run the oil lines back to the engine? I won't be using heat, so I'm thinking through the dash and back through the heat channels. Would I be able to route the oil line this way?

3. Would I need a fan too, or would the cooling provided by just running the oil through this length of line provide enough cooling at idle?

I'm sure someone has tried this before, but I couldn't find any info on it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 09:23 PM