Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

69 Pages V « < 43 44 45 46 47 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 conversion/ rusturation GT style, EFI is back on
mb911
post Aug 31 2019, 10:50 AM
Post #881

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

My 3 speed wiper project is now complete. I will install it shortly. Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 2 2019, 06:33 PM
Post #882

914 Guru

No pictures really but back to the drawing board. I need to cut out a damaged lower piece where the mixing box on the passenger side. It was damaged years ago and thought I hammered it back but it's just to out of shape.. To fit the mixing box. So new parts from @mepstein and Garold and I will be set.. Some s calipers are on the way to me so I will be selling my restored A calipers from PMB.. I did however work on cleaning up more wiring. Wiper assembly needs one quick weld to tack a nut on for another location for the rubber isolator..
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 6 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #883

914 Guru

Put the air filter in place though that doesn't seem like a big deal it makes me feel like I am making progress. James car has taken 4 months of summer.. I am almost done but have to get on with some of my projects as well.. I also recieved my 911s calipers the other day. I took them apart today and found they have stainless pistons in them so that saves me some money.. Was going to send them out to PMB but think I am just going to save the money and scuff and cerakote them. I did get ready my first step in efi parts hoarding and clear cerakote on the 3.2 intake. Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
914forme
post Sep 6 2019, 07:52 PM
Post #884

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

That is a great intake for an EFI swap, much easier with a single throttle body. And they make decent power.
+Quote Post
bahnzai
post Sep 7 2019, 08:19 AM
Post #885

Member No.: 6,509
Region Association: South East States

Hello Ben,
I may have missed it in the thread somewhere, but what are the details on your three speed wiper project?
Thanks!
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 7 2019, 03:57 PM
Post #886

914 Guru

QUOTE(bahnzai @ Sep 7 2019, 06:19 AM) *

Hello Ben,
I may have missed it in the thread somewhere, but what are the details on your three speed wiper project?
Thanks!

@bahnzai it is just a 944 motor on the stock 914 linkage so that my left side ignition setup with 911 wiper and turn signal stalks work as designed.
+Quote Post
bahnzai
post Sep 8 2019, 05:53 AM
Post #887

Member No.: 6,509
Region Association: South East States

Ah, got it. Thanks!
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 12 2019, 08:12 PM
Post #888

914 Guru

Got a replacement sheet metal part from Garold today for the Front trunk.. So back to weld a small panel in and repaint a little area.. Did spend way to much time putting cvs together then had to put them in the swing arms and had to ask for help because I was in a hurry from @mepstein and @bbrock ..
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Sep 12 2019, 08:30 PM
Post #889

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 12 2019, 08:12 PM) *

Got a replacement sheet metal part from Garold today for the Front trunk.. So back to weld a small panel in and repaint a little area.. Did spend way to much time putting cvs together then had to put them in the swing arms and had to ask for help because I was in a hurry from @mepstein and @bbrock ..

And I was totally worthless. Did you get them in?
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 13 2019, 04:37 AM
Post #890

914 Guru

Yes I did shock bolt removed and it worked perfectly
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 17 2019, 07:13 PM
Post #891

914 Guru

Today I bolted the trunk lid on (the bottom side is already body color), the GT engine lid and started on bolting in muffler heat shield.. Tomorrow the realtor brings the drones for pictures for MLS.. Gotta make the car as much one piece as possible.. I also installed James head light and eye brow covers on. Trying to also purge as much junk as possible.. I now have a pretty good handle on things.

S calipers get redone this weekend. Along with packera vs broncos game. Attached Image
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 17 2019, 07:14 PM
Post #892

914 Guru

Attached Image
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 23 2019, 04:20 PM
Post #893

914 Guru

Spent some time working on running all the new cables, found an obstruction in the accelerator cable run and will likely have to cut a length off and then put a new length through the firewall, hooked up all the brake lines. Getting closer to having brakes.. Had 3 home showings over the last 3 days so thatbis killing my project time..
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Sep 23 2019, 08:09 PM
Post #894

914 Guru

QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 23 2019, 04:20 PM) *

Spent some time working on running all the new cables, found an obstruction in the accelerator cable run and will likely have to cut a length off and then put a new length through the firewall, hooked up all the brake lines. Getting closer to having brakes.. Had 3 home showings over the last 3 days so thatbis killing my project time..

I had a couple tube plugged with gunk I was able to clean out by first cutting a piece of clothes hanger wire at an angle to make a point, then chucking it in a drill to spin it as I worked it in and out of the tubes. I bunch of rusty dirt and crap came out. I followed that up with pulling steel wire bottle brushes through (I picked up an assortment cheap at HF). And because I'm anal, I finished by dragging a small cloth soaked in Ospho through and after it was dry, repeated with a rag soaked in epoxy primer. Anywho, the clothes hanger wire is worth a try.
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 24 2019, 07:57 PM
Post #895

914 Guru

@bbrock I drilled to clear it out but no go.. Likely have to cut and splice a new piece in. Ugh
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Sep 24 2019, 08:34 PM
Post #896

914 Guru

Well bummer. At least you know an excellent welder. I am curious how one goes about splicing small tubing like that. I know I couldn't do it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 25 2019, 04:38 AM
Post #897

914 Guru

QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 24 2019, 06:34 PM) *

Well bummer. At least you know an excellent welder. I am curious how one goes about splicing small tubing like that. I know I couldn't do it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Well been thinking I might sleave it and epoxy it.. No welding.. I need to find a window to do the work though.. Selling a house is terrible..
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 25 2019, 06:31 AM
Post #898

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 25 2019, 06:38 AM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 24 2019, 06:34 PM) *

Well been thinking I might sleave it and epoxy it.. No welding.. I need to find a window to do the work though.. Selling a house is terrible..

If you think selling is bad, try building.

My friend described it to me as putting all your money in the back seat of your car, going for a drive with the windows open and your mother in law in the passenger seat - for a year.
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 28 2019, 07:35 PM
Post #899

914 Guru

Poor man S caliper rebuild. PMB duro ano pistons, cerakote and replating the steel parts.. The seal that goes on the plate that gets bolted on was not included in the new seal kits. Gotta call Eric Monday and get those and the banjo fittings and then I will finally have an entire working brake setup. Attached Image
+Quote Post
914forme
post Sep 28 2019, 07:56 PM
Post #900

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

@MB911 Ben is that oven cure or air cure? They do look very nice.

BTW, we are selling a house also, under contract, but title company waited to long and made the buyer fall out of contract. More showings this weekend. Buyer is filing for an extension, we have a second offer on the table, but I do not feel like being a dick and swapping offers due to a poor pick of title companies.

Then I am in the process of renovating a house.... More stuff goes wrong I will have no hair left... Renovation is a true money pit, almost as bad as owning a boat.

And we built several houses, I like new construction the best. You know what you're getting into, and well, you never have a hidden problem.

That is just me, but then my side of the family are all in construction, and I learned from my Grandfather who was a master plumber, electrician, and carpenter. Man was amazing, miss him everyday, would make me look like an amateur even today, and most likely still out work me.

Best of luck with the sale Ben
+Quote Post

69 Pages V « < 43 44 45 46 47 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:02 AM