Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1976 914 INJection hesitation Need shop in NJ, Need help finding problem with hesitation
lostreasure
post Nov 27 2015, 03:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,048
Region Association: None

I have a great running 914 completely original but recently has a serious hesitation- Local mechanic tried but can not figure it out- Any mechanics in central NJ that are good with these Injections? thank you for your help
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Amphicar770
post Nov 27 2015, 03:37 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 11,639
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(lostreasure @ Nov 27 2015, 04:09 PM) *

I have a great running 914 completely original but recently has a serious hesitation- Local mechanic tried but can not figure it out- Any mechanics in central NJ that are good with these Injections? thank you for your help

You might try giving a more detailed description of the hesitation here on the forums. It is amazing how good some people are at troubleshooting over the web.

You do not give details, but a common culprit is the throttle position sensor board which is on sale at 914 rubber (different versions for different engines)
http://shop.914rubber.com/Porsche-914-Thro...20-91429-BF.htm

Of course, could be many other things so do provide more detail

+Quote Post
lostreasure
post Nov 27 2015, 04:30 PM
Post #3

It ran fine until two things happened- One I may have ran it out of gas? Two i added centersonsole w/gauges and possible hooked a wire wrong? My mechanic is fairly familiar w/bosche injection but has tried alot of things with no resolution- I'm thinking bad injector? It would run fine until you gave it full throttle but would buck and hesitate. Dam- any one here in NJ that would work on it- ?
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Nov 27 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #4

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

You can troubleshoot it yourself with a little effort. Game to try? Start by checking the basics. Start by checking fuel pressure incl while applying throttle.
Check the TPS board for wear. Check vacuum advance and that your advance weights are lubed and not sticking. This condition shows up a lot this time of year.
+Quote Post
lostreasure
post Nov 27 2015, 06:34 PM
Post #5

Great- now i just need a good mechanic here in NJ that is familiar w/914 injection- I wish Brad M was close by
+Quote Post
914dave
post Dec 1 2015, 07:28 AM
Post #6

914 Addict

Member No.: 1,262
Region Association: North East States

I Service Imports in Cherry Hill NJ. They have the original Bosch troubleshooting equipment for Dtronic and Ltronic. The owner Fred is one of the founding members of Schattenbaum region of PCA. When I ran Dtronic he did all my troubleshooting with excellent results. Good luck.
+Quote Post
914 Danny
post Dec 1 2015, 08:55 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 17,421

QUOTE(lostreasure @ Nov 27 2015, 01:09 PM) *

Not sure where in NJ you are but I would highly recommend Powertech in Rockaway NJ. There is a mechanic/racer there Keith Peare who knows 914s inside out. He rebuilt my '73 2.0l-4 top end a few years ago. Engine has original D-jet injection and it has run great ever since and passes NJ emissions inspection every time.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:15 AM