Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 914 INJection hesitation Need shop in NJ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lostreasure
I have a great running 914 completely original but recently has a serious hesitation- Local mechanic tried but can not figure it out- Any mechanics in central NJ that are good with these Injections? thank you for your help
Amphicar770
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Nov 27 2015, 04:09 PM) *

I have a great running 914 completely original but recently has a serious hesitation- Local mechanic tried but can not figure it out- Any mechanics in central NJ that are good with these Injections? thank you for your help

You might try giving a more detailed description of the hesitation here on the forums. It is amazing how good some people are at troubleshooting over the web.

You do not give details, but a common culprit is the throttle position sensor board which is on sale at 914 rubber (different versions for different engines)
http://shop.914rubber.com/Porsche-914-Thro...20-91429-BF.htm

Of course, could be many other things so do provide more detail

lostreasure
It ran fine until two things happened- One I may have ran it out of gas? Two i added centersonsole w/gauges and possible hooked a wire wrong? My mechanic is fairly familiar w/bosche injection but has tried alot of things with no resolution- I'm thinking bad injector? It would run fine until you gave it full throttle but would buck and hesitate. Dam- any one here in NJ that would work on it- ?
JeffBowlsby
You can troubleshoot it yourself with a little effort. Game to try? Start by checking the basics. Start by checking fuel pressure incl while applying throttle.
Check the TPS board for wear. Check vacuum advance and that your advance weights are lubed and not sticking. This condition shows up a lot this time of year.
lostreasure
Great- now i just need a good mechanic here in NJ that is familiar w/914 injection- I wish Brad M was close by
914dave
I Service Imports in Cherry Hill NJ. They have the original Bosch troubleshooting equipment for Dtronic and Ltronic. The owner Fred is one of the founding members of Schattenbaum region of PCA. When I ran Dtronic he did all my troubleshooting with excellent results. Good luck.
914 Danny
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Nov 27 2015, 01:09 PM) *

Not sure where in NJ you are but I would highly recommend Powertech in Rockaway NJ. There is a mechanic/racer there Keith Peare who knows 914s inside out. He rebuilt my '73 2.0l-4 top end a few years ago. Engine has original D-jet injection and it has run great ever since and passes NJ emissions inspection every time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.