Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> USPS Shipping, Tracking is terrible
zambezi
post Dec 5 2015, 11:39 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,920
Region Association: South East States

FED EX freight messed up a hard top for an Austin Healey I restored. It was on a pallet and covered in shipping blankets. They put a forklift right through it and mangled it all up. I had insurance but was told that was only if it was outright lost. Damage claims for freight are calculated by the pound. I think they offered me 5$ a pound. The hard top weights about 40 pounds. I was very pissed. About 2 months of back and forth and all I could get out of them was refunding of the shipping charges. I then had the fun of trying to repair all the damage. I was originally only going to have to strip it down, paint it, and put on new seals.

From this....
Attached Image
Attached Image

To this!!!
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
zambezi
post Dec 5 2015, 11:46 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 8,920
Region Association: South East States

It all turned out well in the end but Fed Ex is a joke

From Fed Ex...
Attached Image

To Restored!!
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Dec 6 2015, 01:32 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276
Region Association: None

I once had an overnight letter show tracked at my local post office. I went to retrieve it, ended up in the back of the post office with the guy who handles that. He said, the letter was not there, he scanned the sheet of what should have been on the truck, they don't actually scan the actual packages. I said that was a pretty stupid way to track things and he argued it much more efficent to scan the manifest than to scan all those packages, nevermind many of those packages were never actually there...
No wonder they are losing millions.
+Quote Post
BillC
post Dec 7 2015, 07:12 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 18,667
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

A couple of weeks ago, I came home to find this:
Attached Image

The boxes wouldn't fit into the mailbox, so the postal worker decided this was much better than taking them to the front door like he was supposed to.

My wife took that pic down to the local post office the next day to show the supervisor, and her first response was a stunned "Oh... my... ". Apparently, the local post office has received many complaints about this particular postal worker (this was not our regular mail carrier), and she had been supervising/instructing him closely that morning, but he went back to his old ways as soon as she stopped watching him.

And, ya gotta love the irony of "Do the job right" right there in front of his face as he did this.
+Quote Post
LowBridge
post Dec 7 2015, 08:24 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 19,045
Region Association: North East States

HAAHA... that is EPIC and the USPS cannot figure out why they are losing money

QUOTE(BillC @ Dec 7 2015, 08:12 PM) *

A couple of weeks ago, I came home to find this:
Attached Image

The boxes wouldn't fit into the mailbox, so the postal worker decided this was much better than taking them to the front door like he was supposed to.

My wife took that pic down to the local post office the next day to show the supervisor, and her first response was a stunned "Oh... my... ". Apparently, the local post office has received many complaints about this particular postal worker (this was not our regular mail carrier), and she had been supervising/instructing him closely that morning, but he went back to his old ways as soon as she stopped watching him.

And, ya gotta love the irony of "Do the job right" right there in front of his face as he did this.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 06:47 PM