Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Headlight Switch wiring, Sorting out Headlight switch wiring "Late" vs "early"
North Coast Jim
post Dec 18 2015, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,450
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Bring back a 74 2 liter stored for the past 20 years - NO RUST. Much Fun and Frustration.
Seems someone had pilfered the headlight switch. Found an "early" style switch, 10 connections, which I'm told is preferred due to current loading. Connection points are labeled differently form the "late" style switch. An additional relay is then added, GPCG61290000, to accomplish the needed current routing. Now I'm told it's also NLA.
The "late" style switch has 11 connections.
Does anyone have insight on how to properly wire the headlights with a wire harness from early 74 vintage. I've got the 74 wiring diagram but not able to sort it out with this "early" style switch. I can't be the only one confronted with this issue.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:07 PM