Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Switch wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
North Coast Jim
Bring back a 74 2 liter stored for the past 20 years - NO RUST. Much Fun and Frustration.
Seems someone had pilfered the headlight switch. Found an "early" style switch, 10 connections, which I'm told is preferred due to current loading. Connection points are labeled differently form the "late" style switch. An additional relay is then added, GPCG61290000, to accomplish the needed current routing. Now I'm told it's also NLA.
The "late" style switch has 11 connections.
Does anyone have insight on how to properly wire the headlights with a wire harness from early 74 vintage. I've got the 74 wiring diagram but not able to sort it out with this "early" style switch. I can't be the only one confronted with this issue.
JeffBowlsby
Hi Jim, welcome.png

Great looking 914. I would suggest that you preserve the originality of your car and locate the correct switch, they are available. Its a downhill slope once that trend starts. Contact Bruce Stone (BDstone) here on this forum or perhaps someone else will chime in that has one.
914Sixer
Send me your shipping info, Christmas will come early.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 18 2015, 01:03 PM) *

Send me your shipping info, Christmas will come early.

Sent by PM yesterday ...................and thanks !!
914Sixer
On the way. Should have it by Wed. Sent the whole set up with mounting ring and knob with insert.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.