Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your thoughts on fire extinguishers, Pelican parts sale
campbellcj
post Apr 6 2019, 03:16 PM
Post #41

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

TLG Auto in N. Hollywood (Marco) now carries and endorses the Element. I've not seen and definitely not tested one myself, yet.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Apr 6 2019, 05:29 PM
Post #42

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I'll be the voice of dissent.

Not a fan of fire bottles in the passenger compartment. Usually a mounted by flimsy brackets that fail to hold the bottle in a crash.

Now you have a loose 5-10 pound projectile in the passenger compartment.

I've had the opportunity to see both sides of this in play. As previously stated by others a small hand held is of limited use on a fuel fire. In my case, it wasn't enough to put out the fire. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I've also seen vehicles in track day related crashes where the fire bottle came loose. Luckily driver had a helmet on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Put in Trunk or Frunk. Maybe one in each but I'd keep it out of the passenger compartment.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
oakdalecurtis
post Apr 6 2019, 06:55 PM
Post #43

Oakdalecurtis

Member No.: 18,802
Region Association: Central California

Here's my fire solution(s). I have a BlazeCut system installed under the lid. I do not use a rain tray since I NEVER drive in the wet. I painted the BlazeCut tube black so that it does not show through the engine cover. You might also notice the engine deck lid steel cable restraint on the left side so that when I pop the lid, the hinges aren't slammed and worked until breakage ensues.
And just in case I have a cabin fire, I have a Kidde extinguisher inside my custom built center console box..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Apr 6 2019, 07:58 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Apr 7 2019, 03:06 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Apr 7 2019, 11:29 AM) *

I'll be the voice of dissent.

Not a fan of fire bottles in the passenger compartment. Usually a mounted by flimsy brackets that fail to hold the bottle in a crash.

Now you have a loose 5-10 pound projectile in the passenger compartment.

I've also seen vehicles in track day related crashes where the fire bottle came loose. Luckily driver had a helmet on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Put in Trunk or Frunk. Maybe one in each but I'd keep it out of the passenger compartment.

In my country you can't pass tech inspection if your extinguisher isn't motorsport rated,the same size/type household ones only have flimsy metal mounting brackets,my 2 motorsport rated one's have a much heaver construction and very sturdy over-centre clips,there is a difference in price but well worth it to know they can't come loose.
+Quote Post
Dion
post Apr 7 2019, 03:17 PM
Post #46

RN

Member No.: 2,766
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

When I’m done with my 6 build (is that even possible?) I plan on using this....

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
burton73
post Apr 7 2019, 05:13 PM
Post #47

burton73

Member No.: 7,414

QUOTE(oakdalecurtis @ Apr 6 2019, 05:55 PM) *

Here's my fire solution(s). I have a BlazeCut system installed under the lid. I do not use a rain tray since I NEVER drive in the wet. I painted the BlazeCut tube black so that it does not show through the engine cover. You might also notice the engine deck lid steel cable restraint on the left side so that when I pop the lid, the hinges aren't slammed and worked until breakage ensues.
And just in case I have a cabin fire, I have a Kidde extinguisher inside my custom built center console box..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

I think this may be the ticket but in the cabin Element Fire Extinguisher Group Buy and Rennline's Newest Fire Extinguisher Mount!

This may be the set up I will be using for my 6

Bob B

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 04:41 PM