Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Camshaft Assistance and Translation
Mockmaw
post Jun 12 2003, 09:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 438

The camshaft is the last component of my rebuild that I haven't decided upon yet. I'm trying to learn what I can about them so I can make an intelligent purchasing decision. Yes, I know this is a broad topic..

I don't understand the relationship between duration and lift.. what running aspects are changed as a result of increased duration? What aspects are changed as a result of increased lift? At what lift and/or duration should I worry about longevity issues?

There are so many numbers out there and the descriptions that go with each camshaft seem too vague. I can stare at the webcam page all day and still not know how different an 86 will be from an 86a or 86b.. or 494, etc etc etc. Can anyone help me or point me towards some resources that will help me translate these numbers a little better?

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 11:29 AM