Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> /6 Oil Problem, too much oil in the engine ??
914Timo
post Jun 13 2003, 03:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 137
Region Association: Europe

Hopefully someone could hepl me.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clover.gif)

Where is the promblem ??

When I start my 3.0L six, it blows big smoke cloud. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fighting19.gif) Yesterday I opened the right side valve cover. There came out about 3 liter oil (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad2.gif) Before that the engine had been not running about 6 days. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Is it so, that the oil pump let the oil drain from the tank to the oilpan ?? Is there somewhere some kind of back-pressure valve, or should the toleraces in the oil pump be so tight, that no oil can go through it?? Should the oil pump be fluid-tight when the engine doesnt run ??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Or, is it normal that you find your oils in the engine after couple of days ?? How is it ?? Any experiences ?? Any advices ?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Should I chance new valve steams ?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) Or pistons and cylinders... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hanged.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 04:15 PM