Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another sad day., A great member passes.
Sleepin
post Jan 15 2016, 04:13 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,357
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Perhaps someone should write a 914 World condolences letter and put it on his guestbook. I am sure that it would mean a lot. I don't think it would be very appropriate for all of our members to sign it individually, but one letter from all of us would be an appropriate thing.

http://douglasfiery.com/guestbook.aspx?id=1511
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Jan 18 2016, 08:33 AM
Post #62

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 15 2016, 09:04 AM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Jan 15 2016, 08:29 AM) *

QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jan 9 2016, 05:43 AM) *

RIP Ken

For those like me who never met in person, can I assume that Ken is pictured with his four legged companion in the front. If not, could you point him out so I have face to remember. Thanks - it is a sweet picture. I now recognize that the cars I have restored will outlive me. That is just fine. May all of those who have passed find peace.

Near the front in the orange corvette shirt.

Jim McCleold who also passed last year is kneeling in front of Ken with the white baseball cap on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad2.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jan 20 2016, 12:34 AM
Post #63

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Too many good folks have succumbed to illnesses recently. I did know Jim and we hung out a lot at events. Ken was even closer to our sub (human) group of friends. I was there when Tat2dphreak came to visit. I also gave Ken the urge to buy an R90/6....which I told his sister and the family apparently never knew he rode as he was supposed to wait until after his mother passed (ie, over my dead body). Some good stories got to surface and I was able to add more to Ken's story for them. I have personally offered our condolences, as I am able in that I am not our official ambassador. I have offered our services in helping with the alien automotive tech that his estate has. There are plenty of close friends locally in our group ready to pitch in and the family is aware, grateful, and will let me/us know when it is time.

Its been a rough go of it. 2 from the same crew, too young. I will update my list of the deceased in my sig.....again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 04:51 PM