Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I need carpet
EdwardBlume
post Jan 25 2016, 12:14 PM
Post #21

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

I bought a set from Mikey for Dads car. Very happy. The price to quality is above others!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Feb 10 2016, 01:03 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 14,913
Region Association: Southern California

ok everyone

the carpet experiment was a success. I will have pics for y'all soon. domestic loop from 914 rubber - check. I am really happy with how it came out. installing was relatively straight forward with a few little hiccups but it all looks great.

Now my next question is I NEED SOME COOL FLOOR MATS preferably with 'Porsche' or '914' on them in black and moderately priced.

any suggestions????

-jp-
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Feb 10 2016, 01:23 PM
Post #23

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

Any of the Porsche & other parts houses that handle the Lloyd mats will have them with the drop down menus to pick embroidery + plush mat & thread colors. They also have them for the F & R trunk mats too with embroidery.

You can do both "PORSCHE' & "914" or 914-?? with a 2 -line embroidery for a bit more. Lloyd has the exclusive with Porsche AG to do the correct font logos on their mats.

Automotion/Performance Products used to have them at a good price when they ran a sale, but I don't know if they're still carrying them since Eklers bought them & screwed them up for us Porsche guys/gals!

Google for Lloyd mats & see what comes up in the search & shopping lists.

PS - GPR (Jonathan) on here, Sierra Madre Collection on here, & Auto Atlanta may also carry Lloyd Mats.

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Feb 10 2016, 01:50 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 10 2016, 11:23 AM) *

Any of the Porsche & other parts houses that handle the Lloyd mats will have them with the drop down menus to pick embroidery + plush mat & thread colors. They also have them for the F & R trunk mats too with embroidery.

You can do both "PORSCHE' & "914" or 914-?? with a 2 -line embroidery for a bit more. Lloyd has the exclusive with Porsche AG to do the correct font logos on their mats.

Automotion/Performance Products used to have them at a good price when they ran a sale, but I don't know if they're still carrying them since Eklers bought them & screwed them up for us Porsche guys/gals!

Google for Lloyd mats & see what comes up in the search & shopping lists.

PS - GPR (Jonathan) on here, Sierra Madre Collection on here, & Auto Atlanta may also carry Lloyd Mats.

Tom
///////

Hey Tom

Ok I have seen those and like them. I like the red Porsche font and you just confirmed for me these are the way to go. thanks Tom, you really have made this a process very easy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) cheers...
-jp-

+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Feb 10 2016, 02:05 PM
Post #25

TMI....

QUOTE(johnpierre @ Feb 10 2016, 11:50 AM) *

Hey Tom

Ok I have seen those and like them. I like the red Porsche font and you just confirmed for me these are the way to go. thanks Tom, you really have made this a process very easy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) cheers...
-jp-

Glad to help JP!

For your interior color scheme, might I suggest either black or charcoal grey mats, with the PORSCHE in red on top, & line 2 with 914 in Silver, White or another color you like that will "pop" on the dark background?

My interior is the OE dark tan (a tan & brown speckled oatmeal loop pile blend), so I plan to go with tan plush mats with the PORSCHE in black or red for contrast, then in the opposite color or ?? - will try to get "914S" wangled out of them somehow - even though it was never an official Porsche model badge - only a USA Porsche+Audi marketing name for the early 73 914-2.0 models (which Porsche initially didn't even badge the 73's with either 1.7 nor 2.0!).

I'll also get some coco mats to go with my interior for non-PCA concours & displays & general car shows - but they were too rough on the heels of my shoes & bare feet back in the day, so they'll just be there to look 70's Bichen, & I'll drive with the plush mats. And I prefer to drive barefoot when I can! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

So I think you made the right choice with plush for driving comfort.

Also try the Lloyd's website with their links out to vendors & pick the one with the best overall price with tax & shipping, since they're all getting them from the same mfgr.!

PS - http://lloydmats.com/porsche-licensed-cust...ogo-floor-mats/

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Feb 10 2016, 03:14 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

i bought my used floor mat from a member (Current car of the month) and I like them with PORSCHE letter.

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
turk22
post Feb 10 2016, 05:33 PM
Post #27

Treetop Flyer

Member No.: 14,725
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I like the Coco Mat's, indestructible

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Feb 10 2016, 06:28 PM
Post #28

TMI....

Steve - I love the black with the offsetting white/silver/gray specks!

I think I'd do Black with Tan/Natural specks for mine for the "show set" - but will wait until the 914 is all back ready to see the samples in the car as fitted out, before I finalize on mine.

.... but coco mats are in fact destructible, as I went thru 2 sets in 10 years & 130k miles as my DD - plus innumerable pairs of dress shoes for work from wearing out the heels/backs on the mats, & my socks or bare heels when bare foot - & they get really uncomfortable on a long 1-2000 mile XC drive! ... even blistered heels! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

ndfrigi - the white on black pops really well!

If one were to do the double line embroidery - then you'd pick something like the white or silver/grey + red or blue or something in your car color & do the brightest on what you want to pop most - PORSCHE or 914 (etc.).

Do just the opposite of 2 darker colors/shade for light colored mats like for my 914's factory Beige interior.

PSS - More good examples of single & double logo colors on mat colors here:
http://lloydmats.com/all-others-logos/cust...ademark-badges/

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Feb 12 2016, 12:23 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Feb 10 2016, 01:14 PM) *

i bought my used floor mat from a member (Current car of the month) and I like them with PORSCHE letter.

Attached Image

very nice....
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Feb 12 2016, 12:24 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(turk22 @ Feb 10 2016, 03:33 PM) *

I like the Coco Mat's, indestructible

Attached Image

these are cool as well...
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Feb 12 2016, 12:28 PM
Post #31

ok everyone here is a little catch up on the carpet before and after...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Feb 12 2016, 12:30 PM
Post #32

more of the misery....

Attached thumbnail(s)
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Feb 12 2016, 12:31 PM
Post #33

just a bit of paint to cover the old color until i rip this thing down to the metal and re-paint the right way a factory color from that year or not...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Feb 12 2016, 12:34 PM
Post #34

and now for the finished product (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Feb 12 2016, 12:34 PM
Post #35

mas...

Attached thumbnail(s)
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Feb 12 2016, 12:46 PM
Post #36

Now as you can see i replaced the inside threshold strip due to the fact that it is attached via screws and now i need to replace the outside part. Those are attached with metal rivets and my question to you all (especially you Tom ;-) is how to get them off - the rivets? do i drill them out?

The next question is this - with the new threshold it came with a set of clear plastic rivets and and is it as easy as putting in the holes and depressing the little plastic pin until it sets in all the way? i saw some thread that mentioned i needed to cut one piece off the rivet or two to make it fit. What gives?

-jp-

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Feb 12 2016, 01:56 PM
Post #37

TMI....

jp -

It looks like your interior was the same or similar to my 73 2L's #31 Beige, but not sure if your carpet was the regular OE Tan/Beige or the OE Dark Tan - which looks like oatmeal with a mix of the tan & brown loop pile yarns in a speckled pattern, but it looks just a tad darker than straight tan & therefore didn't show the dirt as much.

You can see the difference at Jeff Bowlsby's pic link below between #502 Tan & #503 Dark Tan (but the camera coloration is off) from the 74 MY (he has no 73 MY stuff....yet) -

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zPF_74F3.jpg

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PaintFabrics.htm

You can rill out those metal rivets with a small drill bit which is about the size of the dimple in the center of the rivet or slightly bigger. Not too big & keep the drill/bit straight in all 3-axis - or you'll enlarge the hole too much & the new plastic rivets will be loose.

Plastic rivets were original & still available in clear, even from Porsche (also used in 911/912/etc. so they keep them around), but the originals were white for the aluminum thresholds & black for the black plastic thresholds.

I think they used the metal rivets over the years - even at Porsche+Audi dealers back in the day, because they were readily available & seen as stronger - so seen as an improvement.

Now to the "while I'm in there" part....

So while you're drilling & removing/replacing rivets there - get some extra rivets so you can do all of the rivets along both rocker panels, then unscrew the slotted cheesehead screws along the bottoms (or they may have substituted other screw types).

Then remove those rocker panels on both L & R in order to clean the crud out from behind them & to inspect your longitudenals behind them for rust damage - you'll be surprised how much dirt & crud gets up behind there - a supposedly sealed space, especially on the right/curbside.

And if any rust, there's yet another project you'll want to get them repaired by yourself if you're a competent welder/body worker or by a good body shop, because those are the 914's main structural elements - "frame" if you will - long-wise along the unibody structure.

Speaking of drilling & replacing rivets - I'm hoping for a windless weekend so I can re-rivet some of the aluminum belly pans on our vintage 1960 Avion T20 trailer (like an Airstream) this weekend .... or at least before our next vintage trailer event in March! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

PS - If I missed any of your questions, just post them again below.

The close up pix of your floor mat sections look like the Dark Tan, but the center tunnel section may be Tan - not sure from the pix, but if different - a PO could've gotten the dark tan after the originals wore out for less dirt show, or because the dealer only had that color.

When I got mine in `75 the OO had put in black driver & passenger floor mat sections (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) so I put brown/tan coco mats over them since they were 1/2 the cost of OE Porsche floor mats new - since I was just out of college a year or so & already eating PBJ & Mac & Cheese to afford my 914!

Also in looking at your Seats you'll have #500 Corduroy seat inserts, so your interior code would be #32 IIRC (don't have the old Porsche doc handy now - my #31 was with basketweave vinyl inserts like on your doors).

And looking at your floor sections from under the carpet, it looks like yours was L65K Ravenna Green originally (see links below) - so if you ever repaint, then you might consider going back to it since it & Delphi Green Metallic look really sharp with the Beige interiors!

http://p914.com/p914_paint_L65K_73.htm

http://p914.com/p914_paint_73.htm

It was a Ravenna or Delphi Green with Beige pic on the cover of my "Porsche 914 & 914-6 - The Definitive History of the Road & Competition Cars" by Brian Long that made me drool over any green 914 - being a blue car guy myself! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/pictures.abebooks.com-10181-1455328569.1.jpg)

Also if you ever want to add more original looking alloy wheels to your 1.7 - the Pedrini & Mahle "Baby Gasburner" 4-lug wheels look very sharp (see the O&H Forum's nailed topic on OE Wheels & Tires for pix of both - I like the Mahles a bit better myself), or even Fuchs @L 4-lugs.

Or if you prefer period correct aftermarket wheels - both the classic & 80's repop Riviera 5 spoke/4-lug & modern versions of the classic 8-spoke/4-lug Competition wheel look alloys by Revolution, Enkei & others look great too. Or just keep your streamliner hubcaps if you like those best.

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Feb 12 2016, 01:59 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 12 2016, 11:56 AM) *

jp -

It looks like your interior was the same or similar to my 73 2L's #31 Beige, but not sure if your carpet was the regular OE Tan/Beige or the OE Dark Tan - which looks like oatmeal with a mix of the tan & brown loop pile yarns in a speckled pattern, but it looks just a tad darker than straight tan & therefore didn't show the dirt as much.

You can see the difference at Jeff Bowlsby's pic link below between #502 Tan & #503 Dark Tan (but the camera coloration is off) from the 74 MY (he has no 73 MY stuff....yet) -

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zPF_74F3.jpg

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PaintFabrics.htm

You can rill out those metal rivets with a small drill bit which is about the size of the dimple in the center of the rivet or slightly bigger. Not too big & keep the drill/bit straight in all 3-axis - or you'll enlarge the hole too much & the new plastic rivets will be loose.

Plastic rivets were original & still available in clear, even from Porsche (also used in 911/912/etc. so they keep them around), but the originals were white for the aluminum thresholds & black for the black plastic thresholds.

I think they used the metal rivets over the years - even at Porsche+Audi dealers back in the day, because they were readily available & seen as stronger - so seen as an improvement.

Now to the "while I'm in there" part....

So while you're drilling & removing/replacing rivets there - get some extra rivets so you can do all of the rivets along both rocker panels, then unscrew the slotted cheesehead screws along the bottoms (or they may have substituted other screw types).

Then remove those rocker panels on both L & R in order to clean the crud out from behind them & to inspect your longitudenals behind them for rust damage - you'll be surprised how much dirt & crud gets up behind there - a supposedly sealed space, especially on the right/curbside.

And if any rust, there's yet another project you'll want to get them repaired by yourself if you're a competent welder/body worker or by a good body shop, because those are the 914's main structural elements - "frame" if you will - long-wise along the unibody structure.

Speaking of drilling & replacing rivets - I'm hoping for a windless weekend so I can re-rivet some of the aluminum belly pans on our vintage 1960 Avion T20 trailer (like an Airstream) this weekend .... or at least before our next vintage trailer event in March! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Tom
///////

Tom

u da best... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Feb 12 2016, 02:03 PM
Post #39

BTW

I just ordered a new red handle for the heater lever and have new PRESS red stickers that I purchased from a member to replace the faded ones on the seat belt clicky things.

next on my list is a new wood steering wheel from Nardi and then a new dash.

after which the seats, door panels, and back pad by summer...

then next year suspension and engine redo... goto get this baby in shape....

-jp-
+Quote Post
johnpierre
post Feb 12 2016, 02:06 PM
Post #40

Me and my 914...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:53 PM