Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Temporary Vehicle Storage
euro911
post Jan 29 2016, 11:15 PM
Post #1

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

I bought some silver tarps from Harbor Fright and made a temporary shelter across my driveway ... 33' long. This is enough for two small, uh, German cars (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached Image

I also stopped by California Boss Hoss (motorcycle shop) today and spoke with the manager. They have a large warehouse right across the street from my shop and will rent me vehicle storage space for a pretty reasonable price. This should free up some time, so I can load the trailer with the crates and boxes of stuff going to my new AZ shop.

Also, I might be able to get some temporary free storage for my wife's 914. A friend who does body and paint will be coming to the shop on Monday to give me a quote to remove some minor dings and repaint it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) ... that should take a couple of months before I need to haul it off to AZ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
Tom_T
post Jan 29 2016, 11:21 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

Mark,

Watch those HF silver tarps, as they'll deteriorate in the sun & winds (Santa Anas) within about a year or less! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jan 29 2016, 11:46 PM
Post #3

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

Yeah, I know, Tom. I had to replace the tarps about every two years on the back yard carport frame, but got wise and covered the frame with white corrugated PVC panels back in 2000. They're still holding up great after 15 years (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This is short-term covered storage until I can move the cars to their new home this coming summer ...
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jan 30 2016, 12:13 AM
Post #4

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

My Costco one has gone 4+ years. Just sayin'
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 11:22 AM