Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temporary Vehicle Storage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
I bought some silver tarps from Harbor Fright and made a temporary shelter across my driveway ... 33' long. This is enough for two small, uh, German cars smile.gif

Click to view attachment

I also stopped by California Boss Hoss (motorcycle shop) today and spoke with the manager. They have a large warehouse right across the street from my shop and will rent me vehicle storage space for a pretty reasonable price. This should free up some time, so I can load the trailer with the crates and boxes of stuff going to my new AZ shop.

Also, I might be able to get some temporary free storage for my wife's 914. A friend who does body and paint will be coming to the shop on Monday to give me a quote to remove some minor dings and repaint it aktion035.gif ... that should take a couple of months before I need to haul it off to AZ shades.gif
Tom_T
Mark,

Watch those HF silver tarps, as they'll deteriorate in the sun & winds (Santa Anas) within about a year or less! huh.gif

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
euro911
Yeah, I know, Tom. I had to replace the tarps about every two years on the back yard carport frame, but got wise and covered the frame with white corrugated PVC panels back in 2000. They're still holding up great after 15 years smile.gif

This is short-term covered storage until I can move the cars to their new home this coming summer ...
EdwardBlume
My Costco one has gone 4+ years. Just sayin'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.