Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exaust Stud Help, I think couple studs need to be relpaced
Eric Taylor
post Mar 19 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 770

Alright so here is the deal, i've got what sounds like an exhaust leak on my car, and I know that when you take the exhaust off about 4 studs come with it. In the past however they have all tightened right back in no problem, however one now is rather loose, and causing a minor leak. What would you guys do? Oversized? Helicoil? New head (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif) ? The car is so close to being a driver, just gota take care of the minor shit:).
Eric
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post Mar 19 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,432

you could retap to a larger stud size and put in a stud w/ a larger thread on the head side...you know, two sizes, one stud. or i guess you could helicoil it or do as they do in the ghetto and jb weld it.
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Mar 20 2005, 12:00 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 391

I would pull the heat exchangers and look at the studs and the holes carefully. The studs with the larger head side threads work well, but remember you'll be doing it laying on your back with the car on stands and not much room to work. It would be a very good time to chech all of them? The studs are slightly easier to do than the inserts. Good luck
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 06:58 PM