Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exaust Stud Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
Alright so here is the deal, i've got what sounds like an exhaust leak on my car, and I know that when you take the exhaust off about 4 studs come with it. In the past however they have all tightened right back in no problem, however one now is rather loose, and causing a minor leak. What would you guys do? Oversized? Helicoil? New head ohmy.gif ? The car is so close to being a driver, just gota take care of the minor shit:).
Eric
xsboost90
you could retap to a larger stud size and put in a stud w/ a larger thread on the head side...you know, two sizes, one stud. or i guess you could helicoil it or do as they do in the ghetto and jb weld it.
john rogers
I would pull the heat exchangers and look at the studs and the holes carefully. The studs with the larger head side threads work well, but remember you'll be doing it laying on your back with the car on stands and not much room to work. It would be a very good time to chech all of them? The studs are slightly easier to do than the inserts. Good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.