Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sebring clip, Two laps Chin blue group
wndsrfr
post Feb 5 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Couple of my favorite laps at Sebring Chin DE end of Jan. Notched a sub 2:39 but mostly 2:41 or so....roughest track I've ever been on but it kinda gets under your skin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9OAnb0jCVw
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Feb 6 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

Very cool John. I really had hoped to join you and Shane, but it was a toss-up between the Rolex 24 and Sebring for the day.

It is a rough track, for sure. It was the first place I drove and the only other two I've done are Daytona and Homestead. They both felt glass-smooth compared to Sebring, so I feel lucky that Sebring is my baseline. Like you pointed out though, the "rhythm" one develops at Sebring can really be intoxicating. It's all about fine adjustments after picking one line and sticking to it. However, as you probably found out, there is no one line for many corners, particularly T1 and T17. Basically you just commit and let the car dance it's way through the turn, doing your best to put the power down as you track out.

I'm impressed by your video. Definitely a lot left on the table, but you looked comfortable and like you were having fun, which is what counts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:01 AM