Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Momo wheel and boss purchase / install questions
dale73914
post Feb 12 2016, 03:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,562
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

Hey All,

I recently purchased a Momo Prototipo and fitted it using a boss i bought ages ago.
I didnt realise until i unpacked it that the boss was very basic, had no signal cancel / horn components ( expecting me to disassemble and reuse the parts from my current wheel ), and was a bad fit around the column ( it left a 1/2 inch gap ).
Oh, and the horn button didnt fit as the boss nor wheel came with a horn trim ring.

So what to do, i jumped on ebay and bought myself a MOMO MC8002 boss, and going by the photo in the ad, i was expecting it to look like the one in the ad, trim ring, wider boss body ( even if it was just plastic around a metal frame ) , and going by photo's on the web, the cancel extension was cast in, and a trim ring supplied.

It turned up today, and im not sure if i have what i should have.
The boss that arrived is an MOMO A8002 and is very basic like my original one, expecting me to disassemble my existing wheel for parts... Not what i really wanted to do.

If all that is available is what they sent me , and the model numbers mean nothing, then fine, im not really happy, but what is...is....

If they have sent me a different ( older maybe ) version, then i would like to know, so i can email them and see what can be done.

The Momo one i have does have one plus over the crappy Isotta one i bought ages ago, the Momo horn button fits in the hole properly.

Now, next questions.

Im assuming i cut the wire running from the horn contact ring to the horn button and put a spade connector on the end , so i can get the horn working ? What happens to the other connector, will the boss carry the current ( if i earth it up against the boss by jamming the wire end between the boss and the horn button plastic body ?

If i didnt want to cut my existing contact ring, can i buy a replacement one and leave my original steering wheel intact ? At a cheapish price ? Im in Australia, so online purchases are my friend.....

Any help with tips to make installing it smooth sailing would be appreciated, i like doing things once, and properly ...

Cheers

Dale

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 04:31 AM