Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Side shift bushing issue, Has anyone else run into this?
-JR-
post Feb 12 2016, 02:08 PM
Post #1

Life goes faster at 150MPH

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,055

I'm in the process of cleaning up a few things on my 75 teen.

One of the jobs was to fix up a sloppy tail shift bushing, THIS ONE.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/shop.914rubber.com-2055-1455307717.1.jpeg)

I purchased a new one from my friends at AutoAtlanta. They inform me I did in fact order the correct one.

When I installed this bushing into my side shifter housing it fits loose both on the trans and the shift rod.

I've inspected the opening for signs of wear, but it looks to be in good shape and not worn, plus the old bushing did fit tight in the hole.

Measuring the transmission opening I get 22mm but the bushing is just a hair under 21mm.

I've been advised that I must have had a custom bushing installed. My car is very original and the bushing I cut out looked very old. The bushing I removed looked more like the FIREWALL BUSHING with no "castle" like fingers, it was just one solid ring.

Anyone have an idea what I'm running into?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:52 PM