Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> placement of Porsche crest on front hood, How far from the front of the hood to the bottom of the crest (badge)?
billh1963
post Feb 21 2016, 07:44 AM
Post #41

Car Hoarder!

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 19 2016, 09:53 AM) *

Put it where it belongs; in your glove box or the classifieds. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

I agree. A couple of my cars have had (or have) them. I don't like it. When Scottyb redid my Zambezi green car I had him remove it.

Of course, it's your car and you should do whatever you want! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sb914
post Feb 21 2016, 08:51 AM
Post #42

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191
Region Association: Southern California

Attached Imagenot me !
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Feb 21 2016, 09:56 AM
Post #43

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(sb914 @ Feb 21 2016, 09:51 AM) *

Attached Image

The factory never put it there either.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Feb 21 2016, 11:05 AM
Post #44

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 20 2016, 04:19 PM) *
Like that one. Kind of "outlaw" but again, somewhere else. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Sep 10 2022, 07:59 AM
Post #45

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Broke down and installed a Porsche Crest to make my car feel better when parked.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 10 2022, 08:33 AM
Post #46

And I placed mine in the classifieds this year after I welded up the holes. I also had a NOS badge still in the bag. They both sold very quickly. Who'da thunk they be in demand? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Sep 10 2022, 09:20 AM
Post #47

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Orange, on the back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Front yard mechanic
post Sep 10 2022, 01:18 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 18,984
Region Association: None

Put it on upside down everyone will talk about your car
+Quote Post
emerygt350
post Sep 10 2022, 03:03 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 25,740
Region Association: North East States

I like the way it looks with the crest but I have two reasons not to:

1) I drive my car all over and that includes the grocery store. I wouldn't want to come out and see it's missing. Particularly if it's a sentimental piece.

2) PO apparently had one, I had to fix the scratches and stuff caused by the theft of his. Nobody wants to come out and see their car all messed up.
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Sep 11 2022, 09:38 AM
Post #50

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I also like the look of the badge on some colors of 914 and am strongly leaning toward doing it for two reasons.

1) The Porsche design team officially voted to badge the car but the VW-Porsche marketing cluster prevented it from happening.

2) It really irritates a lot of people (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

However, if I did it, I'd cut the posts off and mount with 3M trim tape. No way would I drill the hood.

A few weeks ago I took a drive in the car with a friend and let him drive it to a small town where we had lunch. As we ate outside next to the car, I asked what he thought about badging the car. His first question was whether it came from the factory with a badge. No, but then I told the story of the design team voting to badge but the car already being marketed as VW-Porsche in Europe so the badge never happened. A couple weeks later he says, "I've been thinking about the badge. I think you should do it." I tend to agree. I credit everything that is great about these cars to the design team and everything that is bad to the botched marketing. I like the idea of honoring the wishes of the design team even though I doubt many of them lost sleep over never seeing the badge on the car.
+Quote Post
vitamin914
post Sep 11 2022, 10:29 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 25,893
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 11 2022, 11:38 AM) *

I also like the look of the badge on some colors of 914 and am strongly leaning toward doing it for two reasons.

1) The Porsche design team officially voted to badge the car but the VW-Porsche marketing cluster prevented it from happening.

2) It really irritates a lot of people (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

However, if I did it, I'd cut the posts off and mount with 3M trim tape. No way would I drill the hood.

A few weeks ago I took a drive in the car with a friend and let him drive it to a small town where we had lunch. As we ate outside next to the car, I asked what he thought about badging the car. His first question was whether it came from the factory with a badge. No, but then I told the story of the design team voting to badge but the car already being marketed as VW-Porsche in Europe so the badge never happened. A couple weeks later he says, "I've been thinking about the badge. I think you should do it." I tend to agree. I credit everything that is great about these cars to the design team and everything that is bad to the botched marketing. I like the idea of honoring the wishes of the design team even though I doubt many of them lost sleep over never seeing the badge on the car.

If you decide to add the badge, I would mount it in the same location as in the 914-8 (Mark Henry's photo on page 1). That would most likely be the location where the design team would have placed it.

I agree with not drilling holes. Makes change of mind much easier too.

Or do what I did... add another 914 to the stable... My 74 does not have the badge, my 73 does. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Sep 11 2022, 12:49 PM
Post #52

914 Guru

QUOTE(vitamin914 @ Sep 11 2022, 10:29 AM) *

If you decide to add the badge, I would mount it in the same location as in the 914-8 (Mark Henry's photo on page 1). That would most likely be the location where the design team would have placed it.

Or do what I did... add another 914 to the stable... My 74 does not have the badge, my 73 does. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I agree that's the best placement. However, they put the badge (a sticker IIRC) on Piech's 914-8 stupidly low so apparently even Porsche couldn't decide the correct placement. It looks hideous that low though.

If I do this, the badge will actually be stuck to PPF so not even the tape will touch the paint.

So do you decide which 914 to drive by whether you are in the mood to irritate people? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 11 2022, 01:32 PM
Post #53

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

This is how I placed mine. Seems right. Attached Image
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Sep 11 2022, 02:04 PM
Post #54

914 Guru

QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 11 2022, 01:32 PM) *

Yeah. That's the spot! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
type2man
post Sep 11 2022, 09:16 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 10,127
Region Association: South East States

I have no badges on mine, but alas, I have to answer the ever eternal question which everyone asks, is it a fiat.
+Quote Post
mlindner
post Sep 12 2022, 08:43 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 13,770
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 11 2022, 02:32 PM) *

Car looks great Ben.
+Quote Post
sb914
post Sep 12 2022, 08:51 AM
Post #57

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
emerygt350
post Sep 12 2022, 09:20 AM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 25,740
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(type2man @ Sep 11 2022, 09:16 PM) *

I have no badges on mine, but alas, I have to answer the ever eternal question which everyone asks, is it a fiat.

i had 30 something ask me at a stop sign "is that real?" the other day.

At first I thought it might have been the chalon thing but the more I think about it, most young folks have never seen an unadulterated 914 either.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Sep 12 2022, 10:06 AM
Post #59

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

At our local Classic Car Show on Friday night, I had more than 1 person ask if my car was a Ferrari? I wanted to show them a picture of @tygaboy Chris' build and say "Yes".
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 12 2022, 10:17 AM
Post #60

QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 11 2022, 11:49 AM) *

QUOTE(vitamin914 @ Sep 11 2022, 10:29 AM) *

I agree that's the best placement. However, they put the badge (a sticker IIRC) on Piech's 914-8 stupidly low so apparently even Porsche couldn't decide the correct placement. It looks hideous that low though.

If I do this, the badge will actually be stuck to PPF so not even the tape will touch the paint.

So do you decide which 914 to drive by whether you are in the mood to irritate people? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If your "Hell Bent upon Tattooing" your "Pristine Teen" then go with the Silver n Black crest. Ben's car color compliments the red crest so it that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 06:26 AM