Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> So I pulled my dizzy
wrpspddrvr
post Mar 22 2005, 08:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,317
Region Association: None

Okay. So I'm still trying to install this *%$#^&)(@)_!&$%)&@#*%$#& Crane XR700.

I got it all installed yesterday and tried to turn the engine over, but it didn't work. The starter is working okay, but the engine wasn't catching. Every now and then, though, it sounded like it was trying to, but just couldn't. It would make a quick spitting noise. That's the only way I can explain it. Like it was trying to catch, but couldn't.
I conculted my mechanic friend upstairs, and we both decided it was probably timing. So here's the thing: I had pulled out my distributor to ease the installation of the device. I know I turned the rotor shaft a few times. When I tried to put the dizzy back in, it wouldn't go in with the rotor turned towards the mark on the dizzy. The rotor is turned a 1/4 turn away (clockwise) from the #1 cyl mark when the two pegs slot into place when I re-install the diz.
WTF am I doing wrong? I know there's something.......... Should I jack up one side of the car and turn a drive wheel until it lines up?
On top of that, I don't think the LED is lighting up at all. I tried aligning the slots to the light, but the f'ing light never lit up. Tried having a roommate crank the engine while I watched the diz- no light. ?????!!!!!??????!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I've got about 9 hours in this damn thing. The three nicest days of my spring break have been wasted trying to install this "60 minute easy installation" POS, when I could have been zooming around with my top off. I'm damn tempted to go back to points, but I figure it'll be just as much a PITA to go back to that as it would to continue this install. I figure I'm about 90% done. The actual install of the unit itself is all done, now I just have to get it to interface with my car.

Any help would be MUCHO appreciated!

Thanks,
Cole (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/monkeydance.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:04 AM