Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> So it's freaking raining.... and some questions, XR700 stuff
wrpspddrvr
post Mar 23 2005, 08:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,317
Region Association: None

As some of you may be aware, for the last 4 days I've been in the middle of installing my XR700 ignition (the one hour install that's taken about 10 so far). I've gotten it so that the rotor points at the TDC #1 mark on the dizzy while the impeller is at the TDC #1 mark.
When turning the key, I can get the car to catch here and there, but it never runs. It coughs and sputs, but never actually runs.
I know my timing is probably way off, but how am I supposed to change it if it doesn't run? Do I just turn the dizzy until it runs, or....??

Also, before timing I need to calibrate the optical tirgger to the shutter. The directions say the LED should light up when the leading edge of the slit in the shutter aligns with the light beam, but one of the members here said the LED is infrared, therefore I won't be able to see it. How am I supposed to know when it's aligned properly?

Unfortunately, it's raining out there, so I can't work on my car right now. It's not so much that I care about getting wet as that I don't want water in my dizzy. Sigh. So hopefully any advice/tips given will contribute to the work I'll do tomorrow.

Thanks all,
Cole (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/monkeydance.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
wrpspddrvr   So it's freaking raining.... and some questions   Mar 23 2005, 08:46 AM
Root_Werks   Cole, I wish I was there to help man.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 06:24 PM