Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Restoration Design?
tdgray
post Mar 24 2005, 08:08 AM
Post #21

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Group: Members
Member No.: 984
Region Association: None

Hey Tripps

Where did you get your floorpans? Who's Perry? I am too in need of some soon.

I was more interested in the Tweeks Pans as they are a complete right and left side with the seat brackets already installed.

Anybody have comments re: Tweeks pans?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post Mar 24 2005, 08:11 AM
Post #22

:: Punch and Pie ::

Member No.: 3,342
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE (tdgray @ Mar 24 2005, 09:08 AM)
Hey Tripps

I was more interested in the Tweeks Pans as they are a complete right and left side with the seat brackets already installed.

I'll PM his info...

When are we going to get together for a drink...I'm only 20min from you!

+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Mar 24 2005, 08:47 AM
Post #23

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

Doug got his floorpans from ME (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

I sell anything Porsche I can get my hands on.

Perry Kiehl
914 Network
a914man@netease.net
thekiehls@direcway.com
731-847-9146 shop
731-549-4643 cell
+Quote Post
greg.treadway
post Mar 24 2005, 09:45 AM
Post #24

914 Nut

Member No.: 3,295

Just research and see who manufactures the items. You can always go to the source.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Mar 24 2005, 09:56 AM
Post #25

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

perry, do you have any tops in stock? i never thought i might need one to drive to sourthern california because it's raining like it used to in washington.

k
+Quote Post
tdgray
post Mar 24 2005, 03:33 PM
Post #26

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Member No.: 984

QUOTE (CptTripps @ Mar 24 2005, 06:11 AM)
QUOTE (tdgray @ Mar 24 2005, 09:08 AM)
Hey Tripps

I'll PM his info...

When are we going to get together for a drink...I'm only 20min from you!

I know, we've got to get together one of these days. I think there are a couple other guys from our neighborhood in the club. I know there is a guy from Findlay but I can't remember his screen name right now.

Thanks for the PM. Soon as the weather breaks we'll have to get the cars out , it might be in the MGA but it would still be fun.

+Quote Post
guywan914
post Mar 24 2005, 08:42 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 2,112

I've purchased all my restoration pieces from RD. Was one of the lucky ones to speak to Bill. All the pieces came thru extremely high quality and would recommend him to anyone. Being a small buisness owner myself I know how it is when health problems can slow things down. There are times when I can't return calls for weeks, this may not be acceptable to those of you who think this is the age of instant communication, however we who run small businesses and perform quality work can only do so much. In my line of work I cannot take on any more work for 6 months, and cannot return all the phone calls I get. Those who happen to catch me in do recieve a quick response, otherwise the message just gets put in the pile. Keep trying, you'll be pleased with the product. From what I hear Bill supplies AA with parts.
+Quote Post
greg.treadway
post Mar 24 2005, 08:49 PM
Post #28

914 Nut

Member No.: 3,295

Bill does not supply Automobile Atlanta with parts. We manufacture our own. We use to work closely with Bill but had a falling out unfortunately. Feel free to ask and I'll be happy to let you know what Bill makes and what I make.
+Quote Post
william harris
post Mar 24 2005, 08:49 PM
Post #29

914 Restorer

Member No.: 1,539

Look, I operate my own business, although quite different - a law firm. I would love to do business with Restoration Design as I understand they manufacture these pieces and support the Porsche community. However, after 2 weeks I gotta look elsewhere because the body shop is going to paint the car and that dictates the pace. I make it my practice to return all phone calls to my office before I leave the office each day - sometimes that means 7-7:30 before I go home. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post Mar 24 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #30

:: Punch and Pie ::

Member No.: 3,342
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'm all about helping out the 'little guy', and I realize that we are a tightly-knit group of cheap-ass bastards (joke) that arent ordering things every 5min, but I agree with william harris.

I started my first company at 14...and at 30, I run a dozen. I can appreciate health issues, and just about anythign else that pops up. I've seen it all. What I can't understand is having a voicemail that says "Someone will get back to you shortly" if they won't. Even if it's a 30sec phone call to say "Hey, were real busy, can it wait a week?"

I'm the first to admit that when I order something, I want it immediately. But some things can't be bought that quick, and that's fine too. Just be up-front with the person.

I placed a web order with RD, faxed a list of the things I wanted with a CC number, and called and left message after message....nothing. I realize there are a lot of great guys out there that know a lot of stuff. I can also appreciate that people get busy and need a little extra time. But at some point, I need to move on and order from someone else.

I'll try RD another time when I need some other stuff that he sells, and have time to wait for it. I'm happy to support the 'little guy' with great product. There are just some things I need sooner, rather than later.
+Quote Post
Qarl
post Mar 24 2005, 09:21 PM
Post #31

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271

I just spoke with Bill today. I ordered something a few days ago. He called me to tell me it was shipping.

Try calling the shop.

http://www.restoration-design.com

+Quote Post
Foxman
post Mar 25 2005, 09:42 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 3,778

QUOTE (Qarl @ Mar 24 2005, 07:21 PM)
I just spoke with Bill today. I ordered something a few days ago. He called me to tell me it was shipping.

Try calling the shop.

http://www.restoration-design.com

Unfortunately, I needed to move quickly, so I ordered a set of pans from Perry yesterday and wouldn't you know it, two hours later RD calls to setup shipping arrangements on the order I placed Monday, but I had already completed the other transaction. I will definitely keep RD in mind for other products, but my schedule is really tight on this car at the moment.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 03:43 PM