Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> buying a house!!, escrow opened on monday, 29 days to go
opera guy
post Mar 24 2005, 05:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,268

got hitched and now we're buying a house. been shopping for 5 months, finaly found one i like (house, that is) made offer, and they accepted.

im happy (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wub.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 35)
redshift
post Mar 24 2005, 09:37 PM
Post #21

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 24 2005, 11:26 PM)
people just don't want to buy down there and would rather rent...it's insane (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)

There is nothing wrong with CHOOSING to rent, it's a lifestyle decision.

I get alot out of not owning, where I live. The rents have not followed the property values/prices here, so I pay less than 1%, way less.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

It's not so bad..

M
+Quote Post
Qarl
post Mar 24 2005, 09:38 PM
Post #22

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271
Region Association: None

If only you could LIVE in a mandolin!

+Quote Post
Lou W
post Mar 24 2005, 09:39 PM
Post #23

"Here Kitty Kitty" my ass......

Member No.: 2,039
Region Association: Spain

Miles, What area of the country do you live?
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 24 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Lou W @ Mar 24 2005, 08:32 PM)
Mueller   Posted on Mar 24 2005, 07:26 PM
QUOTE (Lou W @ Mar 24 2005, 08:21 PM)
I handled a refi on a house in San Diego 3 months ago, 780 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath (originally had an out house) built in 1898, no garage, small lot next to the freeway. $480,000.00. Its amazing. huh.gif

we bought 2 1100 sq ft homes in Louisiana a few years ago....$28K for both...mortgage is $250 a month......people just don't want to buy down there and would rather rent...it's insane wacko.gif

What kind of rent can you get there?

600+ a month (each)....we've put a lot of money into the homes, they are damn near nicer than the brand new Habitat homes...our tenants totally dig us and and we show our appreciation by making sure they have a nice place to live....other landlords is same area talk cr@p about us since we actually care about our people...
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Mar 24 2005, 09:43 PM
Post #25

Mueller   Posted on Mar 24 2005, 07:41 PM
QUOTE (Lou W @ Mar 24 2005, 08:32 PM)
Mueller   Posted on Mar 24 2005, 07:26 PM
QUOTE (Lou W @ Mar 24 2005, 08:21 PM)
I handled a refi on a house in San Diego 3 months ago, 780 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath (originally had an out house) built in 1898, no garage, small lot next to the freeway. $480,000.00. Its amazing. huh.gif

we bought 2 1100 sq ft homes in Louisiana a few years ago....$28K for both...mortgage is $250 a month......people just don't want to buy down there and would rather rent...it's insane wacko.gif

What kind of rent can you get there?

600+ a month (each)....we've put a lot of money into the homes, they are damn near nicer than the brand new Habitat homes...our tenants totally dig us and and we show our appreciation by making sure they have a nice place to live....other landlords is same area talk cr@p about us since we actually care about our people...

Thats great, good retirement income, do you use a local property manager?
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 24 2005, 09:44 PM
Post #26

914 Freak!

QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 24 2005, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 24 2005, 11:26 PM)
people just don't want to buy down there and would rather rent...it's insane  :wacko:

There is nothing wrong with CHOOSING to rent, it's a lifestyle decision.

I get alot out of not owning, where I live. The rents have not followed the property values/prices here, so I pay less than 1%, way less.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

It's not so bad..

M

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that to be negative at all, I know some people choose to rent or have to, I don't judge other peoples decisions or choices.....

down there, some of the people on gov. assisted housing have the chance to buy a house dirt, dirt cheap...some do, some don't...some that do end up loosing the house 'cause they don't take ownership seriously....
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 24 2005, 09:49 PM
Post #27

914 Freak!

it comes in handy right now, my wife works part time (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

we have a few people we can call depending on the job...we normally take time off from work, drive 2200 miles (one way, take 2.5 days) and stay down there for a week to 2 weeks to do repairs/improvements.....we put 20K and 3 weeks of labor into one home when we first bought them.....tons of unemployment down there, we paid a few locals up to $10 an hour cash and half of them only wanted to work a few hours or days...this money comes out of my pocket (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)

+Quote Post
Lou W
post Mar 24 2005, 09:56 PM
Post #28

Mueller   Posted on Mar 24 2005, 07:49 PM

it comes in handy right now, my wife works part time smile.gif

we have a few people we can call depending on the job...we normally take time off from work, drive 2200 miles (one way, take 2.5 days) and stay down there for a week to 2 weeks to do repairs/improvements.....we put 20K and 3 weeks of labor into one home when we first bought them.....tons of unemployment down there, we paid a few locals up to $10 an hour cash and half of them only wanted to work a few hours or days...this money comes out of my pocket headbang.gif

That sounds like a good idea, houses in California have gotten so expense that you have to put alot of money down on them in order to break even on rent. Sometimes I think that if we could hang tight for a few more years, cashout and move elsewhere, buy a number of rentals, you could use that as additional income.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 24 2005, 10:02 PM
Post #29

914 Freak!

QUOTE (Lou W @ Mar 24 2005, 08:56 PM)
Mueller   Posted on Mar 24 2005, 07:49 PM

it comes in handy right now, my wife works part time smile.gif

we have a few people we can call depending on the job...we normally take time off from work, drive 2200 miles (one way, take 2.5 days) and stay down there for a week to 2 weeks to do repairs/improvements.....we put 20K and 3 weeks of labor into one home when we first bought them.....tons of unemployment down there, we paid a few locals up to $10 an hour cash and half of them only wanted to work a few hours or days...this money comes out of my pocket headbang.gif

That sounds like a good idea, houses in California have gotten so expense that you have to put alot of money down on them in order to break even on rent. Sometimes I think that if we could hang tight for a few more years, cashout and move elsewhere, buy a number of rentals, you could use that as additional income.

we sold our local rental house last year...nice 2400 sq ft Victorian style home.....had a hard time finding tenants since people are buying brand new homes in our area and renting them out...it's insane, $500K home and they rent it out...they "have" to be taking a loss or put down a huge amount of down payment....it's kinda sad if you think about how much our current house is worth, the increased value does me no good until I decide to sell and then I couldn't afford a bigger house (nor do I need one) unless we moved out of state.....
+Quote Post
opera guy
post Mar 25 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #30

QUOTE (Lou W @ Mar 24 2005, 07:21 PM)
I handled a refi on a house in San Diego 3 months ago, 780 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath (originally had an out house) built in 1898, no garage, small lot next to the freeway. $480,000.00. Its amazing. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/huh.gif)

value is in the land?
+Quote Post
machina
post Mar 25 2005, 06:37 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 848

its got a garage, right? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smash.gif)

guys like us don't look for a house with a garage attached, we look for a garage with a house attached. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
opera guy
post Mar 26 2005, 12:56 PM
Post #32

yeah dude, garage comes with detatched house. see pic

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Mar 26 2005, 12:59 PM
Post #33

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

a 30 day closing is a great thing. it was a condition when we bought our house. what's a house like that go for in upland?

k
+Quote Post
Rhodes71/914
post Mar 26 2005, 03:27 PM
Post #34

Glacier

Member No.: 2,482

QUOTE (Lou W @ Mar 24 2005, 07:56 PM)

The area that I live in is one of the areas that Californians are moving when they do what you described.

I work for a builder that is building affordable homes. Californians are selling their houses in Cali and moving here buying a nice home for themselves and a couple of rental properties for what they sold one houlse for in Cali.

Real estate values are going up an average of 20% a year that last 5 years or so.

I can't take it. Moved here to be closer to family but with the increase in population and all the Meth problems this state has I'm heading back to the last frontier and I can't wait.
+Quote Post
Rhodes71/914
post Mar 26 2005, 10:10 PM
Post #35

Glacier

Member No.: 2,482

How fitting that I would make that earlier post and somebody makes an acceptable offer on my house. And their moving up from California (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

To say the least I am excited (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mueba.gif)
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 26 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #36

914 Freak!

QUOTE (opera guy @ Mar 26 2005, 11:56 AM)
yeah dude, garage comes with detatched house. see pic

nice looking house !!!!

is the curb painted red in front of the house??? that has got to suck.....do you know way or did the current owners do it to discourage parking by the neighbors (I've known people to do that, illegal, at least once you get caught it is (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif) )
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 12:55 PM