Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> deals on Samba, carbs and a t4 engine complete
sixnotfour
post Mar 18 2016, 07:02 AM
Post #1

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

40idf and manis, linkage.air cleaners 350
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1902082

motor 2500
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1906812

Not mine , just passing it on..

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JOEPROPER
post Mar 20 2016, 05:04 PM
Post #2

The answer is "no" unless you ask...

Member No.: 19,387
Region Association: North East States

Will it fit in a 914??? Looks too tall. Power steering???
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
914bub
post Mar 20 2016, 05:26 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,260
Region Association: None

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 18 2016, 06:02 AM) *

motor 2500

I'm not trying to slam your post and I know these are NOT your personal parts for sale but I have a question for the "peanut gallery". I see a lot of 914's for sale that people claim are $2500 cars at best, about half of them have running engines. How,..... if people are asking $2500 or so for an engine, how can a running driving 914 be worth only $2500? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) I know the running/driving to rust ratio plays in but.....

I don't get it. By most accounts my car is a $2500 example, (1.7L), but it runs, drives, stops,.... and I drive it every day.

I know I'm not supposed to comment on classifieds but since it wasn't actually parts ,you personally, were NOT selling, I felt like it was fair game
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Mar 20 2016, 05:56 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hello Bub: Your comments seem like fair game to me. Do you want to sell it for 2500?.......... I am a buyer if so - based on your description of a substantially rust free car.

If the 2500 figure was determined "by most accounts" and these are dealers and not trusted friends, it sounds like a lowball offer (unless structural rust is an issue) -

As a free test of current value, call Hagerty and speak to an insurance seller. They have a current-sales based sliding scale to determine the current true or somewhat true value of any 914 out there. You will find, that if it doesn't have a salvaged title, structural rust beyond reasonable rustoration, then you likely have a vehicle that qualifies as a fair solid daily driver and is worth much more than 2500 dollars.

However, my offer still stands and if I can drive it south from Medesto within 250 miles of Laguna Beach, I can ride in an air conditioned cab the rest of the way home.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 20 2016, 06:08 PM
Post #5

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(914bub @ Mar 20 2016, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 18 2016, 06:02 AM) *

motor 2500

I'm not trying to slam your post and I know these are NOT your personal parts for sale but I have a question for the "peanut gallery". I see a lot of 914's for sale that people claim are $2500 cars at best, about half of them have running engines. How,..... if people are asking $2500 or so for an engine, how can a running driving 914 be worth only $2500? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) I know the running/driving to rust ratio plays in but.....

I don't get it. By most accounts my car is a $2500 example, (1.7L), but it runs, drives, stops,.... and I drive it every day.

I know I'm not supposed to comment on classifieds but since it wasn't actually parts ,you personally, were NOT selling, I felt like it was fair game

That is built up motor (yes they fit with the 911 fan conversion)

If they guy has the receipts and it is a quality motor build then it is worth it.

Most of those $2500 914s are going to have a worn out stock motor it more than likely. Even if the motor was "built" and fresh, some people would rather not have to buy a complete car just to get a motor they need.

+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Mar 20 2016, 06:25 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

does anyone have the specs on the fan conversion?

thanks

+Quote Post
914bub
post Mar 20 2016, 07:46 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Mar 20 2016, 04:56 PM) *

Hello Bub: Your comments seem like fair game to me. Do you want to sell it for 2500?.......... I am a buyer if so - based on your description of a substantially rust free car.

If the 2500 figure was determined "by most accounts" and these are dealers and not trusted friends, it sounds like a lowball offer (unless structural rust is an issue) -

As a free test of current value, call Hagerty and speak to an insurance seller. They have a current-sales based sliding scale to determine the current true or somewhat true value of any 914 out there. You will find, that if it doesn't have a salvaged title, structural rust beyond reasonable rustoration, then you likely have a vehicle that qualifies as a fair solid daily driver and is worth much more than 2500 dollars.

However, my offer still stands and if I can drive it south from Medesto within 250 miles of Laguna Beach, I can ride in an air conditioned cab the rest of the way home.

Oh, it's NOT rust free. It's also not rusting in half!Man thats tempting. I would almost let it go for $2500. Mine was parked from 1990-2012 in a garage in Oregon. I really DO drive it daily. The trans is screwed but I have a side shifter to install,.....just need a few more brackets. I have several cool parts for it.. I wasn't trying to flame anyone, just trying to gauge the market, NOT to sell. I've actually promised the car to my 14 year old son. He wants to be a pilot,.. Paging Mikey......

I have three other kids but my "pilot" is most interested in it!

Forrest
Are you saying the days of the $2500 daily drivers are gone? That's what I'm reading into your post.
Best,Erik

+Quote Post
era vulgaris
post Mar 21 2016, 07:17 PM
Post #8

J is for Genius

Member No.: 16,629
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(914bub @ Mar 20 2016, 09:46 PM) *

Are you saying the days of the $2500 daily drivers are gone?

$2500??? Good luck finding a reliably running/driving/stopping car that isn't a risk to your life to get on the road with for $5K. Prob more like around $7 or $8K for a 1.7 if it is reliable enough to drive daily, doesn't have terminal or structural rust/rot issues, has at least somewhat decent paint, and the interior doesn't look like someone let a wolverine loose inside the car.
+Quote Post
914bub
post Mar 21 2016, 08:48 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Mar 21 2016, 06:17 PM) *

QUOTE(914bub @ Mar 20 2016, 09:46 PM) *

Are you saying the days of the $2500 daily drivers are gone?

$2500??? Good luck finding a reliably running/driving/stopping car that isn't a risk to your life to get on the road with for $5K. Prob more like around $7 or $8K for a 1.7 if it is reliable enough to drive daily, doesn't have terminal or structural rust/rot issues, has at least somewhat decent paint, and the interior doesn't look like someone let a wolverine loose inside the car.

Wow,you guys are making me feel better and better all the time. I only asked about $2500 units because I found it curious,(the pricing), engine versus whole car.
I traded a European spec 1981 Volvo Turbo wagon for my 914. I bought the Volvo for $200 fixed the problem on the Volvo, drove it home and drove it for 10 years before trading it. I'm doin' all right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
audio_file
post Mar 21 2016, 09:06 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 13,409
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The better question that NO ONE seems to be asking is; WTF is Hines doing looking at T4 parts?!?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Mar 22 2016, 08:26 AM
Post #11

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Boredom.
+Quote Post
914work
post Mar 22 2016, 12:38 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 13,762

To give a perspective... I sold a 74 1.8 L sunflower yellow with SIGNIFICANT structural rust & a 6 of 10 Int. Ext. condition, running & could be driven (but I wouldn't!) early last yr. for exactly $2500.
I represented the car fairly, explaining that I considered it hazardous to drive in its condition ...
I had multiple people blowing up my email. The guy that bought it showed up with cash, a trailer & didnt even look at the rust.
Just sayin....
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:53 PM