914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
sixnotfour
40idf and manis, linkage.air cleaners 350
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1902082

motor 2500
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1906812

Not mine , just passing it on..
JOEPROPER
Will it fit in a 914??? Looks too tall. Power steering???
914bub
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 18 2016, 06:02 AM) *

motor 2500

I'm not trying to slam your post and I know these are NOT your personal parts for sale but I have a question for the "peanut gallery". I see a lot of 914's for sale that people claim are $2500 cars at best, about half of them have running engines. How,..... if people are asking $2500 or so for an engine, how can a running driving 914 be worth only $2500? confused24.gif I know the running/driving to rust ratio plays in but.....

I don't get it. By most accounts my car is a $2500 example, (1.7L), but it runs, drives, stops,.... and I drive it every day.

I know I'm not supposed to comment on classifieds but since it wasn't actually parts ,you personally, were NOT selling, I felt like it was fair game
forrestkhaag
Hello Bub: Your comments seem like fair game to me. Do you want to sell it for 2500?.......... I am a buyer if so - based on your description of a substantially rust free car.

If the 2500 figure was determined "by most accounts" and these are dealers and not trusted friends, it sounds like a lowball offer (unless structural rust is an issue) -

As a free test of current value, call Hagerty and speak to an insurance seller. They have a current-sales based sliding scale to determine the current true or somewhat true value of any 914 out there. You will find, that if it doesn't have a salvaged title, structural rust beyond reasonable rustoration, then you likely have a vehicle that qualifies as a fair solid daily driver and is worth much more than 2500 dollars.

However, my offer still stands and if I can drive it south from Medesto within 250 miles of Laguna Beach, I can ride in an air conditioned cab the rest of the way home.

beerchug.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(914bub @ Mar 20 2016, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 18 2016, 06:02 AM) *

motor 2500

I'm not trying to slam your post and I know these are NOT your personal parts for sale but I have a question for the "peanut gallery". I see a lot of 914's for sale that people claim are $2500 cars at best, about half of them have running engines. How,..... if people are asking $2500 or so for an engine, how can a running driving 914 be worth only $2500? confused24.gif I know the running/driving to rust ratio plays in but.....

I don't get it. By most accounts my car is a $2500 example, (1.7L), but it runs, drives, stops,.... and I drive it every day.

I know I'm not supposed to comment on classifieds but since it wasn't actually parts ,you personally, were NOT selling, I felt like it was fair game

That is built up motor (yes they fit with the 911 fan conversion)

If they guy has the receipts and it is a quality motor build then it is worth it.

Most of those $2500 914s are going to have a worn out stock motor it more than likely. Even if the motor was "built" and fresh, some people would rather not have to buy a complete car just to get a motor they need.

forrestkhaag
does anyone have the specs on the fan conversion?

thanks

beerchug.gif
914bub
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Mar 20 2016, 04:56 PM) *

Hello Bub: Your comments seem like fair game to me. Do you want to sell it for 2500?.......... I am a buyer if so - based on your description of a substantially rust free car.

If the 2500 figure was determined "by most accounts" and these are dealers and not trusted friends, it sounds like a lowball offer (unless structural rust is an issue) -

As a free test of current value, call Hagerty and speak to an insurance seller. They have a current-sales based sliding scale to determine the current true or somewhat true value of any 914 out there. You will find, that if it doesn't have a salvaged title, structural rust beyond reasonable rustoration, then you likely have a vehicle that qualifies as a fair solid daily driver and is worth much more than 2500 dollars.

However, my offer still stands and if I can drive it south from Medesto within 250 miles of Laguna Beach, I can ride in an air conditioned cab the rest of the way home.

beerchug.gif

Oh, it's NOT rust free. It's also not rusting in half!Man thats tempting. I would almost let it go for $2500. Mine was parked from 1990-2012 in a garage in Oregon. I really DO drive it daily. The trans is screwed but I have a side shifter to install,.....just need a few more brackets. I have several cool parts for it.. I wasn't trying to flame anyone, just trying to gauge the market, NOT to sell. I've actually promised the car to my 14 year old son. He wants to be a pilot,.. Paging Mikey......

I have three other kids but my "pilot" is most interested in it!

Forrest
Are you saying the days of the $2500 daily drivers are gone? That's what I'm reading into your post.
Best,Erik

era vulgaris
QUOTE(914bub @ Mar 20 2016, 09:46 PM) *

Are you saying the days of the $2500 daily drivers are gone?

$2500??? Good luck finding a reliably running/driving/stopping car that isn't a risk to your life to get on the road with for $5K. Prob more like around $7 or $8K for a 1.7 if it is reliable enough to drive daily, doesn't have terminal or structural rust/rot issues, has at least somewhat decent paint, and the interior doesn't look like someone let a wolverine loose inside the car.
914bub
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Mar 21 2016, 06:17 PM) *

QUOTE(914bub @ Mar 20 2016, 09:46 PM) *

Are you saying the days of the $2500 daily drivers are gone?

$2500??? Good luck finding a reliably running/driving/stopping car that isn't a risk to your life to get on the road with for $5K. Prob more like around $7 or $8K for a 1.7 if it is reliable enough to drive daily, doesn't have terminal or structural rust/rot issues, has at least somewhat decent paint, and the interior doesn't look like someone let a wolverine loose inside the car.

Wow,you guys are making me feel better and better all the time. I only asked about $2500 units because I found it curious,(the pricing), engine versus whole car.
I traded a European spec 1981 Volvo Turbo wagon for my 914. I bought the Volvo for $200 fixed the problem on the Volvo, drove it home and drove it for 10 years before trading it. I'm doin' all right biggrin.gif
audio_file
The better question that NO ONE seems to be asking is; WTF is Hines doing looking at T4 parts?!?! biggrin.gif grouphug.gif
rhodyguy
Boredom.
914work
To give a perspective... I sold a 74 1.8 L sunflower yellow with SIGNIFICANT structural rust & a 6 of 10 Int. Ext. condition, running & could be driven (but I wouldn't!) early last yr. for exactly $2500.
I represented the car fairly, explaining that I considered it hazardous to drive in its condition ...
I had multiple people blowing up my email. The guy that bought it showed up with cash, a trailer & didnt even look at the rust.
Just sayin....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.