Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PCA 914 SIG
ClayPerrine
post Apr 2 2016, 08:02 PM
Post #41

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 2 2016, 05:01 PM) *

Been in and out a few times since but with kids I have other things to do. Might join again for a reason, but not the 914SAG. At best it seems redundant like inventing a 914club or something. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Rob,

The 914 SIG has been around a LOT longer than 914World, 914 Club or even Rennlist.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Apr 2 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

Hilarious. So your "counterpoint" is an example of video from "years ago" and of course the "Keith Peare" footage had to be presented as an example (no modern cup cars in his vid either). Too funny. BTW Bob - I got tired of watching the first vid halfway through and never saw either of them pass a Cup, In fact, I never even saw a cup - their fastest lap was 2:23 (Cup Car 2:09). BIG difference. Again, please use "lap times" - watching cool cars in a vid in and of itself can be misleading (and inaccurate).

Cool down and stop swingn' with your eyes shut. I said, "The teeners are usually embarrassingly slow (and in the way)!"...I didn't say there are NO fast teeners. None of these cars will run with a top flight, top tier driver, in a Cup.

Our teeners are cool cars and I've poured tens of thousands of dollars into one myself - mainly because of its "under-dog" status. However, for every "old" video ('08, '10, '11) you dig up - there a hundred 914's that can't get out of their own way. Please don't argue with utter truth - makes you look funny. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Cheers!

T
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Apr 2 2016, 08:51 PM
Post #43

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 2 2016, 07:02 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 2 2016, 05:01 PM) *

Been in and out a few times since but with kids I have other things to do. Might join again for a reason, but not the 914SAG. At best it seems redundant like inventing a 914club or something. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Rob,

The 914 SIG has been around a LOT longer than 914World, 914 Club or even Rennlist.

So was Betamax.

If you think we should all put annual dues into PCA and populate their 914 group, I'm all ears as to why.

In the same way, Bob S or Naro seems like a good man and for that matter Pete S too. If its to support them, I'd consider that as well.

+Quote Post
r_towle
post Apr 2 2016, 09:08 PM
Post #44

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Rob, do it because it won't be the same without you.
I believe we may even get Dave to come back, at least until he hits 10k posts again.

Rich
+Quote Post
naro914
post Apr 4 2016, 11:35 AM
Post #45

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

QUOTE(Cracker @ Apr 2 2016, 10:12 PM) *

Hilarious. So your "counterpoint" is an example of video from "years ago" and of course the "Keith Peare" footage had to be presented as an example (no modern cup cars in his vid either). Too funny. BTW Bob - I got tired of watching the first vid halfway through and never saw either of them pass a Cup, In fact, I never even saw a cup - their fastest lap was 2:23 (Cup Car 2:09). BIG difference. Again, please use "lap times" - watching cool cars in a vid in and of itself can be misleading (and inaccurate).

Cool down and stop swingn' with your eyes shut. I said, "The teeners are usually embarrassingly slow (and in the way)!"...I didn't say there are NO fast teeners. None of these cars will run with a top flight, top tier driver, in a Cup.

Our teeners are cool cars and I've poured tens of thousands of dollars into one myself - mainly because of its "under-dog" status. However, for every "old" video ('08, '10, '11) you dig up - there a hundred 914's that can't get out of their own way. Please don't argue with utter truth - makes you look funny. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Cheers!

T

Tony
Dude, Seriously? Stop...Comparing 40+ year old cars with new Cup car technology is apples to oranges....What's your point? (btw, did you watch the first video on Vimeo at all? Those first couple cars they passed WERE cup cars...)

But seriously, you can NEVER expect to compare 1970's technology with 2000+ technology...old 911's don't beat cup cars either....
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Apr 4 2016, 11:37 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316

I didn't, Clay did...I never even brought them up. Read before reacting Bob and thank you for agreeing with me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Tony

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 2 2016, 10:15 AM) *

That is completely untrue.....

Betty and I have been working grid for the PCA club race at COTA for a few years now. A couple of years ago, we watched a 3.0L 914-6 lap half the field of 911 GT3 and Cup cars. The fastest 911 was half a lap behind.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 10:50 AM