Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Kicking Cancer's Ass!, Cancer Surviors wear Purple
tygaboy
post Apr 7 2016, 08:50 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,241
Region Association: Northern California

Cancer has touched so many of us and our loved ones. I'm a survivor - melanoma. So wear your sunscreen, especially when your roof is off!

Did you know that purple is the color worn by survivors?

Follow me on this one...

My lovely wife is an American Cancer Society Relay for Life team lead and in looking for ways to raise awareness and generate interest in folks participating in the Petaluma Relay for Life 24 hour walk, she secured a spot in the April 23 Petaluma Butter & Eggs Day parade.

Survivors wear purple so what better way to "parade" than in a PURPLE ROLLS ROYCE!

Yep, a good buddy of mine bought this '63 Silver Cloud III. Some of you may recognize it as the actual car from the movie Super Fly!

Doing a little repair work to get it ready to ensure we'll be cruising in pimp daddy style on the 23rd and doing all we can to help raise funds to help kick cancer's ass!

Thought you'd all get a kick out of this ride.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tygaboy   OT: Kicking Cancer's Ass!   Apr 7 2016, 08:50 AM
tygaboy   What choo lookin' at?!?!   Apr 7 2016, 08:51 AM
tygaboy   Not just fly, Super Fly!   Apr 7 2016, 08:51 AM
396   Congrats with your progress   Apr 7 2016, 09:25 AM
napasteve   That purple is hellacool!   Apr 7 2016, 09:39 AM
Darren C   FANTASTIC! I wish you and your good lady wife...   Apr 7 2016, 09:46 AM
rick 918-S   Sandy and her sisters have a purple day outing onc...   Apr 7 2016, 07:23 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:02 AM