Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Whereabouts of this car? 1971 914 "Custom" Slantnose/Convertible..., Sold in June or July of 1994
misterfurthermore
post Apr 18 2016, 09:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,918
Region Association: South East States

Greetings to all here in 914 World! A friend posted to my Facebook page earlier tonight a photo of a stock, white 914, and asked "is this what you think of when you think of a Porsche?"

To his surprise, I replied, "I actually had one when i was 11 years old...my first car, as a matter of fact! Mine was a 1971 914 1.9L 4-speed - it was completely race/track prepped, with dual Dell'orto carbs, headers, the whole nine yards...slantnose front end, fender flares all around, boxed rockers, custom fit 17" 5-star Chevy alloys, a Lexan windshield inside a shortened windshield frame, full tube steel roll cage, no side windows, no wipers, and the Targa top A-frame had been removed, so as to make the car a full convertible. We paid $3300 for the car sight unseen in 1994. Took delivery on the eve of my departure for summer camp, and my father sold it the day after I left! (I'm STILL mad at him...and searching for the car!)"

The car was custom built by someone on the west coast of Florida, I believe in St. Petersburg - who was building many slantnose, convertible, and ultimately V8 conversion 914s in the mid 1990s.

Anyhow, the car was sold to a gentleman named Jesse Hobbs, from Fort Pierce, Florida - just north of us, in Stuart.

Photos are attached. I've not seen the car in 22 years, and if it's out there, I'd love to know where and what its current status is!!!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Apr 18 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #2

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

Neat car. Never seen it before.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Apr 18 2016, 10:02 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 18 2016, 08:48 PM) *

Neat car. Never seen it before.

I ran into a 914 owner a few months ago at Dennys, that said he had one with the roll bar removed like the one in the picture...also had a 930, I should have gotten his contact info!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 10:49 AM