Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whereabouts of this car? 1971 914 "Custom" Slantnose/Convertible...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
misterfurthermore
Greetings to all here in 914 World! A friend posted to my Facebook page earlier tonight a photo of a stock, white 914, and asked "is this what you think of when you think of a Porsche?"

To his surprise, I replied, "I actually had one when i was 11 years old...my first car, as a matter of fact! Mine was a 1971 914 1.9L 4-speed - it was completely race/track prepped, with dual Dell'orto carbs, headers, the whole nine yards...slantnose front end, fender flares all around, boxed rockers, custom fit 17" 5-star Chevy alloys, a Lexan windshield inside a shortened windshield frame, full tube steel roll cage, no side windows, no wipers, and the Targa top A-frame had been removed, so as to make the car a full convertible. We paid $3300 for the car sight unseen in 1994. Took delivery on the eve of my departure for summer camp, and my father sold it the day after I left! (I'm STILL mad at him...and searching for the car!)"

The car was custom built by someone on the west coast of Florida, I believe in St. Petersburg - who was building many slantnose, convertible, and ultimately V8 conversion 914s in the mid 1990s.

Anyhow, the car was sold to a gentleman named Jesse Hobbs, from Fort Pierce, Florida - just north of us, in Stuart.

Photos are attached. I've not seen the car in 22 years, and if it's out there, I'd love to know where and what its current status is!!!
Mike Bellis
Neat car. Never seen it before.
Mueller
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 18 2016, 08:48 PM) *

Neat car. Never seen it before.

I ran into a 914 owner a few months ago at Dennys, that said he had one with the roll bar removed like the one in the picture...also had a 930, I should have gotten his contact info!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.