Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Let off throttle, almost dies & cable dragging
LukeD
post Mar 31 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,117
Region Association: None

I finally got my 70 1.7 FI on the road w00t! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif) When I come to a stop and press in the clutch the idle drops to almost dieing and then pops back up to 800. It has too be something simple. Do I need to clean a sensor or something? This also happened before I removed the engine.

Also, my throttle cable drags just a little. Before I pulled the engine I didn't have this problem. I have inspected the cable and it actually apears new, couldn't find any problems with it. If I un-hook it from the throttle body and mount point and have the wifey press the pedal it slides smoothly. Anyone have a picture of their engine compartment showing which side of the air cleaner bracket it routes through? I tried different ways but the only way it seems to reach is the way I have it. Come on show me those clean engine bays (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/clap.gif)

Thanks

Luke D

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LukeD
post Mar 31 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,117

Oh, I wanted to mention that the cars runs perfect except for that symptom. I have inspected and repaired any questionable spots on the harness while the engine was out. I have also made sure every wire is hooked up properly.

Luke D
+Quote Post
merrill
post Mar 31 2005, 05:11 PM
Post #3

Dirt Pimp

Member No.: 3,505

Shouldn't you show us yours first (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Mar 31 2005, 06:24 PM
Post #4

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Luke, do you have an adjustment knob on your ECU? A pic of your cable route would be very helpful. I really don't wanna dismantle half my FI stuff to take a pic!!!!
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Mar 31 2005, 07:24 PM
Post #5

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Did you check to see if the cables were not wrapped around each other up near the pedal cluster?

--DD
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 12:08 PM