Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let off throttle, almost dies & cable dragging
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LukeD
I finally got my 70 1.7 FI on the road w00t! smilie_pokal.gif When I come to a stop and press in the clutch the idle drops to almost dieing and then pops back up to 800. It has too be something simple. Do I need to clean a sensor or something? This also happened before I removed the engine.

Also, my throttle cable drags just a little. Before I pulled the engine I didn't have this problem. I have inspected the cable and it actually apears new, couldn't find any problems with it. If I un-hook it from the throttle body and mount point and have the wifey press the pedal it slides smoothly. Anyone have a picture of their engine compartment showing which side of the air cleaner bracket it routes through? I tried different ways but the only way it seems to reach is the way I have it. Come on show me those clean engine bays clap.gif

Thanks

Luke D

LukeD
Oh, I wanted to mention that the cars runs perfect except for that symptom. I have inspected and repaired any questionable spots on the harness while the engine was out. I have also made sure every wire is hooked up properly.

Luke D
merrill
Shouldn't you show us yours first confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Luke, do you have an adjustment knob on your ECU? A pic of your cable route would be very helpful. I really don't wanna dismantle half my FI stuff to take a pic!!!!
Dave_Darling
Did you check to see if the cables were not wrapped around each other up near the pedal cluster?

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.