Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Flywheel, Replace 1973 - 914 Flywheel
matchpoint
post Apr 29 2016, 10:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,783
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have my 73 2.0L Driver motor out of my 914 for a general clean up and clutch & transaxle inspection. Looks like it is time for a new flywheel. The current flywheel bolts have about 1/3 of the material remove from the top of the bolt heads. The current flywheel after checking the dimension is not a candidate for a resurface. I would like to get back to a stock/new and reasonable priced flywheel for my daily driver. Any help from anyone who has been down this road would be helpful.

My 3 choices so far are.
1. Parts Geek - Sebro P/N WO133-1599007 @ $308.00 They are not real proud of showing the product dimensions and don't even say it the flywheel is balances no the material. I searched the net to find the specs and the Sebro website and no luck.

2. AA Performance/KOKO Parts - P/N 008 215FW Porsche 914mm stock new replacement forged flywheel 18lbs. They have no indication this is a balanced flywheel and at $145.00 I would assume they are forged/it is what is with no balance.

3. Auto Atlanta - Remachined & Balanced $199.00 + $100.00 core. My core is shot so my price would be $299.00 + shipping. My concern on this option is I may get a flywheel that has been ground 2 or 3 times and I will be back to grind off the bold heads to keep from contact with the clutch plate hub.

How important is the balance of a flywheel on my daily driver 2.0 914. Not my grinding work on the bolts in the picture. Came to me this way. I just hate grinding bolt heads and then trying to get the torque wrench to now slip off. Any ideas from anyone who has been down this road of making a flywheel choice. Thanks Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 04:49 PM